What 2x12 cab should I get?

• Thread starter UniverseOfTheMind8
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

UniverseOfTheMind8

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't replied at all. Read through all of your comments though, thankyou for your suggestions. I've been doing alot of looking and and listened to demos of alot of the stuff you guys listed. I think the one I like the most out of the ones i've heard is the Hughes And Ketner Tubemeister, I'm still kind've a tech nube though so i'm not sure how well itd work with my amp pedals. Any comment about it?

UniverseOfTheMind8

Reaction score
If you are playing fast and tight riffage, stay away from most OS cabs... they have more low end boom, but can be very muddy. (The trade off is tight vs thump)

I have a Genz Benz G Flex 2. Amazing cab on its own. I have to dial out some bass from the amp. But, in a live mix with other instruments it's not as good... it doesn't sit well.

I also have a Randall Diavlo RD212 ported with Celestion v30s (much better than the Randall 212 with Randall speakers). I prefer this for live. Not as much bass as the G Flex, but more than most 212s. Tight sounding, great mids, and very loud.

If you just want a tight sounding 212, you really can't beat Mesa or Orange. They both sound great and can handle any style of music. They handle standard tuning and low tuning well.
What is an OS cab?