What game are you playing?

• Thread starter mark520
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gasolinedreams

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
grinding my way up the ranked ladder in Tekken. The Mayflash fightstick is alright. The joystick feels kind of sloppy. The buttons are fine.
Cool, what rank are you? I just hit Fujin, it took longer than I would care to admit.

Yeah, I've heard that about the Mayflash. You could probably just mod it with a higher quality lever to get it feeling a bit more solid.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Cool, what rank are you? I just hit Fujin, it took longer than I would care to admit.

Yeah, I've heard that about the Mayflash. You could probably just mod it with a higher quality lever to get it feeling a bit more solid.
I'm not that good, I'm only warrior rank. I pretty much only play Azucena

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Got through the Shrine of Amana today. I sure am happy not to be there anymore :lol: The boss was a bit more memorable than the typical armored guys, but kinda easy nonetheless. I might've been a bit overly careful though, and I killed it 100% with arrows because the face was kinda hard to hit with a sword. And now I'm in yet another annoying area. I unlocked the shortcut and have reached the boss mist (I think) but then a bell rang and a million reaper enemies spawned and killed me. There's also the three armored enemies guarding the mist and I didn't even get to those yet before getting gunned down. Oh well, another attempt later tonight I guess.

Oh yeah and I went and rescued the girl from the tower in the castle and got the ring of the dead - what's the point with this thing? I thought it'd allow you to see summon signs even when hollow or something, but apparently it's just for show?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wankerness

Reaction score
Got through the Shrine of Amana today. I sure am happy not to be there anymore :lol: The boss was a bit more memorable than the typical armored guys, but kinda easy nonetheless. I might've been a bit overly careful though, and I killed it 100% with arrows because the face was kinda hard to hit with a sword. And now I'm in yet another annoying area. I unlocked the shortcut and have reached the boss mist (I think) but then a bell rang and a million reaper enemies spawned and killed me. There's also the three armored enemies guarding the mist and I didn't even get to those yet before getting gunned down. Oh well, another attempt later tonight I guess.

Oh yeah and I went and rescued the girl from the tower in the castle and got the ring of the dead - what's the point with this thing? I thought it'd allow you to see summon signs even when hollow or something, but apparently it's just for show?
The undead crypt is one of the areas I usually die a lot. If you destroy those vertical coffin-looking things, the reapers stop spawning, but if a bell rings before you've taken out a couple of them you'll get swarmed. The coffins stay dead, so I usually just focus them all down and then the level becomes easy.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
If you destroy those vertical coffin-looking things, the reapers stop spawning, but if a bell rings before you've taken out a couple of them you'll get swarmed. The coffins stay dead, so I usually just focus them all down and then the level becomes easy.

Yeah, I realized that but then in the final room I had somehow missed one of the bell ringing guys and ... they rang the bell :lol:

Then there's a couple of armored guys and a dragonrider before the mist gate, I'll just pull them one by one and it should be a piece of cake.

wankerness

Reaction score
I'm a Far Cry fanboy & still gaming with the 5th one (best of the series so far?)
I wish you could mod the console version the way you can the PC one to take out the idiotic kidnapping mechanic that locks you out of the whole region permanently as soon as it happens.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Got through the crypt. Ended up being really easy to just run through once the shortcut was unlocked. Though I had to kill 2 armored guys and one double greatshield guy before running, and also on my last run I realized I might as well kill the casters in the second room too. Then I could safely visit the grave warden guy and buy effigies etc.

Then I ran to the boss (I already killed the dragonrider before), summoning two npc phantoms to help out and then I managed to kill him. Definitely toughest fight so far. Then I got the kings ring and am now exploring the "Produce the symbol of the king" areas. I'm in the dragon shrine right now.

I also went back to some areas I had missed before - I had somehow skipped the gargoyle fight, and that was pretty easy now at level 120 something. And then I went to the fire lizard place in the woods and got the key. I couldn't survive the fall last time I tried to go there, and I wouldn't have stood a chance against the lizards anyway. Now I just sniped them with poison arrows.

Then I went to bed, and my wife's nose is clogged up from pollen allergy, so her breath sounded pretty much like the pursuer :lol: Slept like a hollow corpse all night ...

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Got the thing from Ancient Dragon (decided not to figh it at this point) and now I'm entering those giant tree memory things. I also found the Throne of Want and defeated the Throne Watchers or whatever they were called, but then the main boss was too tough. Gotta get some effigies so I can summon the npc's, otherwise I won't stand a chance.

wankerness

Reaction score
Got the thing from Ancient Dragon (decided not to figh it at this point) and now I'm entering those giant tree memory things. I also found the Throne of Want and defeated the Throne Watchers or whatever they were called, but then the main boss was too tough. Gotta get some effigies so I can summon the npc's, otherwise I won't stand a chance.
I have never fought ancient dragon, ever. It’s a famously awful fight and all he does is drop another giant soul, which you don’t need to kill Vendrick if you get all the other more fun ones.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Defeated Vendrick and Nashandra, but not Aldia yet. I guess he's the last boss, then there's the DLC stuff still to go.

wankerness

Reaction score
I think if you beat nashandra and Aldia didnt spawn you might not be able to get him to spawn? I had that happen on one playthrough. If he spawned and you died or teleported out you’re fine though. Regardless you have to fight darklurker! That’s probably the last base game boss worth fighting though it requires a lot of the human effigies which it sounds like you’ve always been on the verge of running out of (I try and get around 30, at least, before doing the darklurker stuff).

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I think if you beat nashandra and Aldia didnt spawn you might not be able to get him to spawn? I had that happen on one playthrough. If he spawned and you died or teleported out you’re fine though. Regardless you have to fight darklurker! That’s probably the last base game boss worth fighting though it requires a lot of the human effigies which it sounds like you’ve always been on the verge of running out of (I try and get around 30, at least, before doing the darklurker stuff).

He did spawn, yes, but I just couldn't beat him yet. Apparently he only spawns if he's been talked to in the three different locations and Vendrick has been killed.

Figured out the strategy though, the giant fireball thing is just hard to dodge, and I barely survive it if I wear the flame quartz ring +1. Otherwise it's a oneshot.

Is the darklurker thing the part where you use an effigy to enter that dark chasm thing? If so, I tried that a few times but got pushed off a ledge each time :lol:

wankerness

Reaction score
He did spawn, yes, but I just couldn't beat him yet. Apparently he only spawns if he's been talked to in the three different locations and Vendrick has been killed.

Figured out the strategy though, the giant fireball thing is just hard to dodge, and I barely survive it if I wear the flame quartz ring +1. Otherwise it's a oneshot.

Is the darklurker thing the part where you use an effigy to enter that dark chasm thing? If so, I tried that a few times but got pushed off a ledge each time :lol:
The darklurker is tied to that darkwatchers covenant. You have to join, then clear out all three of the "dungeons" (there's one everywhere you found the guy in the wheelchair, if you got into one of them you must have found him at all three locations). Once you've cleared all three then when you exit the level you get teleported to the darklurker boss. If you die you have to pay the effigies to reopen the portal AND reclear the dungeon, every time. I usually save scum it. Which you can't do on xbox. owned.

The dungeons aren't hard but they're VERY hard if you aren't careful. They spawn NPC invader types of enemies and they do a lot of damage and are in dangerous spots. You can usually cheese them with poison arrows very easily if you don't run headlong into areas and pull more than one of them. One of the levels also has a ton of pitfalls in water and you can't really see them if you don't have a torch lit.

Anyway if you're on xbox it might not be worth the trouble, but it's generally considered the best boss fight in the base game. The DLC bosses are mostly better. Usual order for people to do them is dragon (portal is by where you fought the rotten), iron keep (portal's past where you beat iron king?), and snow (portal's in that door that opens on the way to drangleic. You'll have to look up where the keys are. Sounds like you got the one to iron keep. I think the dragon key is in a locked door in that big well pit in Majula. I forget about the ice one, I usually pick it up accidentally at some point, I just remember it's either in Drangleic or later cause there's no way to have the key the first time you encounter the portal.

Anyway I am still chipping away at Dragon's Dogma 2. I alternate between love and hatred for this game. I got hit by one of the already infamous bullshit encounters in the game - you basically need to remember the first place you found a seeker's token (this game's equivalent of korok seeds). I thought I knew, but I didn't. I had to watch a video guide for the easiest ones to find. I did THIRTY of them before finally landing on the one that I'd already gotten first. It was horrible. I got lucky and found it right before the timer expired (you have seven in-game days to do this), I was going ot have to revert my save and lose the 30 tokens I'd picked up in the process. Anyway if you ever play this game make absolutely sure you take a screenshot or a note or something of your first seeker's token.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
The darklurker is tied to that darkwatchers covenant. You have to join, then clear out all three of the "dungeons" (there's one everywhere you found the guy in the wheelchair, if you got into one of them you must have found him at all three locations). Once you've cleared all three then when you exit the level you get teleported to the darklurker boss. If you die you have to pay the effigies to reopen the portal AND reclear the dungeon, every time. I usually save scum it. Which you can't do on xbox. owned.

The dungeons aren't hard but they're VERY hard if you aren't careful. They spawn NPC invader types of enemies and they do a lot of damage and are in dangerous spots. You can usually cheese them with poison arrows very easily if you don't run headlong into areas and pull more than one of them. One of the levels also has a ton of pitfalls in water and you can't really see them if you don't have a torch lit.

Anyway if you're on xbox it might not be worth the trouble, but it's generally considered the best boss fight in the base game. The DLC bosses are mostly better. Usual order for people to do them is dragon (portal is by where you fought the rotten), iron keep (portal's past where you beat iron king?), and snow (portal's in that door that opens on the way to drangleic. You'll have to look up where the keys are. Sounds like you got the one to iron keep. I think the dragon key is in a locked door in that big well pit in Majula. I forget about the ice one, I usually pick it up accidentally at some point, I just remember it's either in Drangleic or later cause there's no way to have the key the first time you encounter the portal.

Yeah, getting enough effigies is definitely gonna be a problem. There's places to farm them but then the enemies despawn and that's it.

wankerness

Reaction score
Yeah, getting enough effigies is definitely gonna be a problem. There's places to farm them but then the enemies despawn and that's it.
Just don't ever use them unless you die more than 5 times. The stacking debuff really isn't that bad. I never use the ring. If you are thorough about clearing areas and get through the DLC OK you should have plenty.

If you join the champion's covenant then enemies respawn infinitely, but they also do way more damage, have more health, and don't give more souls so it's miserable.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Just don't ever use them unless you die more than 5 times. The stacking debuff really isn't that bad. I never use the ring. If you are thorough about clearing areas and get through the DLC OK you should have plenty.

If you join the champion's covenant then enemies respawn infinitely, but they also do way more damage, have more health, and don't give more souls so it's miserable.

Yeah, I've mostly been using them because I wanted the summons for the bosses. Otherwise I could absolutely just stay hollow all the time.