What genre do you think this fits in (if any)

• Thread starter cakewalkgg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cakewalkgg

Reaction score
I've been doing some instrumentals that in my mind (im almost 40) would be progressive metal. I am however struggling to understand some of the metal sub-genres these days and I am not so sure that progressive metal is the catagory it lives in anymore. If some of you folks would be so kind to spin even a few seconds of a few tunes and give me your opinion I would really appreciate. I really am not trying to plug my project in this thread, just looking for some insight to what genre or subgenre you might think this belong.

www.erosioncode.com
www.reverbnation.com/erosioncode

thanks so much

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
I guess I'd go with what you said... progressive instrumental metal.

Quality stuff by the way, I'm definitely going to keep an eye on your project.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll have to come back and listen to more of this later. Don't care what genre it is, nor am I until all the subgenre or that much metal but this stuff is really good.

cakewalkgg

Reaction score
thank you for the kind comments!
I see bands like Dream Theater, and Sevendust sometimes catagorized as alternative, or progressive rock.. and I wonder if the lines have been blurred.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
^^

Very blurred, hard to categorize them, a lot of the time Dream Theatre reminds me heavily of Rush. It overpowers the metal elements to me, usually.

schecter4life

Banned
Reaction score
id definately buy an album by you if i had the $, i LOVE it, and yes, id call it instrumental Progressive metal