What guitar have you owned that you sold that you wish you hadnt

• Thread starter bloodlust
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bloodlust

i endorse no one
Reaction score
What guitar have you owned that you sold or traded and wish you hadn't. I had a snakeskin vester stage series that was just magic the neck was not to thick or thin the factory active pickups had more sustain then emgs never went out of tune no matter how much you dive bombed it and it had one of those cheap Floyd copies that you don't have to cut the balls off. Man I wish I never got rid of it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nostealbucket

aint no gahdam woman
Reaction score
I had a Prs custom 24 a while ago. I didn't play it as much as my 7 string, so I sold it.
I wish I never did. That guitar was amazing.

mishabasi

Reaction score
Ibanez Artcore AF75 Hollowbody Electric Guitar Brown Sunburst | Musician's Friend

Ibanez AF75...I had one of those. I bought it when I was first getting into guitar and thought having a hollowbody guitar would make me sound like Ted Nugent... WRONG! Anyway, I sold it a few years back to get my Fender Mexi Tele. I LOVE the tele but can't help but miss the Ibanez.

Now i'm into Jazz and Fusion and i think having a guitar like that with low action would be a good tool in the toolbox... But now i think i'm going to save up for my 2nd Carvin and get their version of a "Thinline Tele"

Don Vito

Reaction score
Original Schecter C1 Blackjack
1279ebb103ag213.jpg

Demiurge

Reaction score
I had a fanned-fret 7 in a 2 bass string/bass pickup-5 guitar string/guitar pickup config. It was way too different from what I was doing at the time, so I sold it. Kind of miss it.

Jarmake

Frost Giant
Reaction score
I once had an ibanez Roadstar Guitar (before it was shortened to RG) 440P-model from year '87 I think.. I painted it bright yellow and attached a Spongebob Squarepants-sticker to it and then after a while sold it like a sucker.

It was a fantastic guitar, the body wasn't the usual straightforward RG-style that we have today, but more like a beveled version of it and the neck was more strat-ish with it's 22 frets than all flat wizard neck on older RG's.

It had HSS pups (ibanez USA) with push/pull for splitting the humbucker and whatnot and the bridge was original edge.

God I miss that guitar.. It was quite like this, but the pups said ibanez USA on it... http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb57525/ibanez/images/2/22/RG440P_WH.jpg

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
All my old RGs. The ones I have now are cool but I really miss the others.

Azathoth43

ל ו ו י י ת ן
Reaction score
I wish I had never sold my first 1077xl. I bought it new, then sold it like an idiot to buy bass equipment. About five years ago I lucked up and got another one, I'll be buried with that guitar.

Also, a Washburn 333 in Dimeslime green. Not a big fan of the shape but it was a real quality instrument.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
This, I guess...

PICT0015.jpg

Sorry for the shitty pic, it's a PRS SE Soapbar. I got it for a stupidly low price... these went for £500 new and I managed to win this one on eBay for £160. It was super light, the P-90s sounded really great, and it was comfortable and played like a dream. Had a ridiculously fat neck as well - it was like a telegraph pole, but in a good way. Magnificent.

I did sell it for a profit (£230, IIRC) and put the money towards buying my Gibson Flying V, which is now my main guitar for most things, so in a way I don't regret selling the PRS - but I wish I still had it.

Al NiCotin

Reaction score
A 1979/1980 Gibson Explorer II, bought new, waiting for 6 month to get it.
Not that I regret it... :scratch:

But some of you may make me regret it nao :cool:... as I haven't found a single picture of it :fawk:
Nice guitar btw, despite all I've heard about Norlin

Kimling

Reaction score
My PRS Tremonti SE - from the first run. Not the greatest guitar on this earth, but a really good bang for the buck and a gigantic leap in quality over my old Epiphone LP it replaced.

My '05 Tokai LS60 that actually replaced the Tremonti. That was a f'en great guitar and I really miss it

bloodlust

i endorse no one
Reaction score
Yah I also had a old ibanez blazer with gold hardware and a beautiful blue metal flake paint job ,I sold it cause it only had single coil pickups wish i would of held on to that one to

fortisursus

Reaction score
Caparison Dellinger II in pro black. I have straight black guitars, but that thing sounded amazing.