What guitar have you owned that you sold that you wish you hadnt

• Thread starter bloodlust
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TankJon666

Reaction score
This...

charvelmod3.jpg

And this...

11923-jackson-sl3-soloist-transparent-red--large.jpg

And this. It's a bass but my god do I miss it :(

adp5.jpg

I wish I'd taken photos of them :(

...actually, keeping them would have been way better.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
I had a late 70s iceman it was like my 2nd guitar that's another one I wish i would have kept , one of these days I'm going to sit down and try to remember all the guitars I have had

My dad used to have an old Iceman - one of the really early ones, with a set neck and the long tailpiece. It was fucked and beaten to hell when he got it, but it was his main guitar for years and he bitterly regrets selling it.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
These..;-; asl;djdsl :

o5rtx.jpg
B2Ysg.jpg

(I know the 1527 is a 7 string but I still miss it a lot :<)

Wcgqg.jpg

bloodlust

i endorse no one
Reaction score
Another one i had that i liked a lot was a early 90s made in Japan Jackson dinky it had the maple fretboard i love maple fretboards the only thing I did not like about it was that it had a concrete finish paint job but i traded it for a plexi glass matal strat made by samick it looked cool but was heavy and sounded very bad.after I get my studio done and get some extra cash I'm going to try to pick up one of those Jackson dk2m a friend has one and it reminds me a lot of my old jackson.

zappatton2

Reaction score
I tend to bounce between having money and being broke, so I've had to let go of a lot of guitars over the years. The ones that keep me up at night are;

Moser 6/12 double neck - This one I didn't even get to play, waited 2/3 years for it, had it paid off, then shit went sour and I had no choice, but man it kills me :(

BC Rich USA Eagle Surpreme - Really miss that one, my first BCR

Alembic fretless bass - my only bass, and it sounded and played awesome

USA Fender Strat - loved it, black pickguard/pickups, maple board, ash body, caramel finish, miss it so

12-string semi-acoustic Carvin - sounded like gold

Gibson Explorer - very sloppy Gibson produce, terrible fretwork, pickups were duds, but it was the first guitar I bought with my own money, and that body shape is still my favorite, so I still miss it...

troyguitar

Reaction score
Jackson USA XTRR
Charvel Model 1
Parker Fly Deluxe
and my sweet Warmoth strat

There might be others but those are the main ones that I would want back, everything else I don't care quite so much about.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
I sold my Epiphone Sheraton II to fund my Raines 7-string hollow single-cut.

In hindsight, it ranks up there with the stupidest fucking things I've ever done in my lifetime. I loved the Epi, and the Raines proved to be nothing more than an expensive, dust-collecting paperweight.

Reaction score
this bitch played like a fuckin' dream. with a set of Nailbombs she killed Lp classics and customs as if they were epis (except vintage ones). I hate myself for trading it for a damn fullerton vintage reissue strat (that's what happens when you fall in love with YJM)...it had Ibanez-like action and also looked so sexy... :wallbash: :wallbash:

Attachments

• lp.jpg
    lp.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 36

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
My 82 Ibanez Rocket Roll II. I got it from my pops for Christmas/83, and had to sell it about 5 years later as a young husband/father. Everytime I see one on the bay I try to see if I can finagle some funds to grab it. I remember pops coming to visit once and asked about it, and how heartbroken he was that I had to part with it, as he would have gladly helped out financially.
IbanezRocketRoll2Vfrontback.jpg

bloodlust

i endorse no one
Reaction score
I still have a old ibanez ex that my dad helped me out with I've moded it some but he has passed and there has been times when it has been all I have had to play so it means more to me then any Rico Jr,caparison or jem ever could.

StratFreak11

Reaction score
I used to own a 1985 Fender Squier Katana which i sold in order to buy myself a stratocaster.

Sometimes i wish i still had it, to simply put a SD JB in the bridge and use it as my metal axe ! Seriously if i didnt sell it I wouldn't be playing electric guitar now, I found it extremely uncomfortable ! I'd still be on acoustic. So overall, good sell but sometimes would be cool to have.

Pav

???
Reaction score
I often find myself missing the RR5 I used to own. I hated the TOM and the blue with gold hardware was a tad gaudy for my taste but the thing virtually played itself. Unbelievably buttery. On the other hand, the woman I sold it to messaged me back about a month later saying the Rhoads was her son's dream guitar and I totally made the kid's Christmas, so I felt better knowing it went to a good cause.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
My ESP Eclipse still haunts me to this day, but other than that everything else has been sold or traded to feed my upgrading GAS and Im getting close to having my dream rig because of it.