What Guitar is this?

yedigoot

Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Al NiCotin

Reaction score
Howdy,

The label have been removed (its quite apparent on your photo #3)

Are you talking about the rosette and the filets on the head as unique design?
Even if there's some skills involved in this rosette, It doesn't make it something so unique you can identify, at a glance, a brand or a luthier imho.

Do you have an idea of its age? Do you know the previous owner(s) and why the label have been removed?

yedigoot

Reaction score
The owner previously was a guitar collector, he had like 60 guitars and this was his only guitar. He had told me he had a guitar expert come to his house and told him this one was the best out of them all. I bought it off him for a measly $60 and might i say its one of the best sounding guitars i have played. Not sure of its age but you can see on the guitar it definitely has some age to it, the wood looks fairly old too.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
^ :scratch: @ that quote...

Sounds like some of the Craigslist ads we read on here...

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
[...]He had told me he had a guitar expert come to his house and told him this one was the best out of them all. I bought it off him for a measly $60 and might i say its one of the best sounding guitars i have played. [...]

He sold his best guitar for 60$?

:rolleyes:

Corrosion

RooR
Reaction score
Worst one was free.

Nah man, It was The BlackMachinezzzz worth the U.S. Deficit that will never be complete because there are no dragons and it was designed to have inlays made of dragon scale.

yedigoot

Reaction score
I brought it to a guitar appraiser today. He dated it 60's and said if it was a brand new guitar like it is they would ask 400-500... So im thinking if its vintage it may be worth more ^.^

mcd

stuff and thangs
Reaction score
I brought it to a guitar appraiser today. He dated it 60's and said if it was a brand new guitar like it is they would ask 400-500... So im thinking if its vintage it may be worth more ^.^

Unfortunately no, you're probably the proud owner of a random starter guitar. The value is probably around the 60 bucks you paid for it.

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
^ Old =/= Valuable, so don't get your hopes up too high.

If a brand new one like it is worth around 500, then assume 400 is the highest you'll get and price accordingly. Since there's no brand or makers mark or anything similar you really don't have a lot to back up a ridiculously high price beyond the fact that it's old, and without some way to identify it's make or model age isn't much of a selling point; in fact it becomes a bit of a crap-shoot for the potential buyer.

Corrosion

RooR
Reaction score
Also not to be an ass, but that is not a unique guitar design, in fact it is a very common one. to me it looks almost like the dean classic my mom bought herself for 125 brand new including case...

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score

nope... :squint:

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and believe he did appraise the guitar at this value.

What did he base it on? Only the age? I can get guitars for the 40's for less than a hundred bucks. Did he see the markings of a specific company?

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
this sounds like it's straight from one of those history/discovery channel pawn shop programmes.

looks like my starter acoustic, which currently resides in a closet, unplayed for over 4 years... poor thing.