What guitars would you consider to be the absolute best value for any price range?

• Thread starter bigswifty
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
I'm right with you on the RGD2127. I own the Z variant...whcih do you have? They're not the flashiest model, and they definitely benefit from a pickup upgrade, but solid and great playability (as I've come to expect from Prestiges).

I'm not too familiar with the various PRS lines. Is CE their cheapest (but not cheap!) 'Made in USA' models?
Also the z version with the Edge Zero here! It's also nice that the pup routing is appropriate for Duncans.

The CE line from PRS is the USA-made bolt-on (more of a bolt-in) construction. The carve is a bit less extreme than the core series models, but depending on the specific guitar, ones with great cuts of flame/curly maple can still be found. The cost is lower than core series due to the less intensive body carve and import bridge & tuners. I replaced my tuners with Gotoh SGS510z and the bridge saddles with brass saddles, so it plays on par, if not better, than my core series P24 (Custom 24 piezo's older model name).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bearitone

Reaction score
My Agile 828 I got in 2018 was the best playing guitar I ever owned and it cost me $600. I feel like a fool for selling it and the buyer got it for basically a steal because of the Lundgren M8s i threw in there.

It just played really nice. The dual truss rods were a trip on those.

Man, I really should just buy another one or a 628.

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
My Agile 828 I got in 2018 was the best playing guitar I ever owned and it cost me $600. I feel like a fool for selling it and the buyer got it for basically a steal because of the Lundgren M8s i threw in there.

It just played really nice. The dual truss rods were a trip on those.

Man, I really should just buy another one or a 628.
If it was the same one that you used in the depth finder video, that fucker sounded really good too.