What happened to Uneven Structure?

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
There is always someone here who knows what happens behind the scenes of most bands, so I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask.

No activity on social media since 3 years ago, and no gigs since 2019. Their former guitarist, Aure Pereira seemed to struggle a lot with writters block, perfectionism and self doubts and quitted the band, does anybody knows if he keeps doing music related stuff? The other guitarist, Igor Omodei also has been pretty silent.

went on a full binge of their material this week I feel like Februus aged beautifully, even when coming from that age of djent oversaturation (Plenitude/Finale must be one of the most perfect albums endings ever)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
I dunno but I spun Frebruus all the time back in the day. Didn't really follow much after that

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
What a throwback. This album was a core part of my studying/late night campus walks playlist. Weird to think that was over a decade ago :lol:

I'll have to check the "newer" material. Never got around to listening to the albums after 8.

TheBloodstained

Casual music entusiast
Reaction score
They pretty much blew my mind when I first discovered them. I remember having the orginal "8" EP on repeat in my car for a good while, and when they teased the upcoming "Februus" album with a YouTube upload of the track "Frost" I was hooked. I remember sneakingly preordering "Februus" from my phone during a work meeting, just because I really, really, REALLY wanted that album! :lol:
Followed them religiously for a while. "Februus" and the re-recorded "8" EP is straight up masterpieces. I also have a copy of "La Partition", but I guess I was growing tired of the style at that point and was simply moving on/more into other styles and artist.

They're still on my "Hope to see live" -list of artist I would like to experience live, and if they ever make more music I'll be there to check it out.

Ben Pinkus

Reaction score
I think their drummer is in ten56 if I'm not wrong?

I remember supporting them years ago, are great band but never found them the most engaging live

kriff

You've failed me for the last time, Admiral
Reaction score
Oh man I used to love Februus, had it on repeat forever. I never really got into their other albums though.

Robslalaina

Reaction score
About 10 years ago I sold my 2027xvv to Jerome, one of their guitar players. Wasn't even playing guitar anymore back then so it's only later that I realised. Time to try and get that guitar back!

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
What a throwback. This album was a core part of my studying/late night campus walks playlist. Weird to think that was over a decade ago :lol:

I'll have to check the "newer" material. Never got around to listening to the albums after 8.
Februus is a top tier album IMO, but it's one of those albums that you really need to sit down and listen, doesn't work as "background music". It's basically 3 songs long and some of the riffs keep developing for 3 up to 5 minutes

Oh man I used to love Februus, had it on repeat forever. I never really got into their other albums though.
I think they tried to distance themselves from the "djent" thing and try to avoid to "repeat" themselves.

La Partition sometimes became a bit riff-salad and the production -sadly- was a step down to Februus.
Paragon IMO recovered some of the energy and agression of Februus, but they worked with a more traditional song format

Latest posts