What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I HATED them when they came out, and I still don't like the look of the original solid colors with the black shovel. The versions where the shovel matches the rest of the finish look way better in person, and like Techno said they play and sound amazing.

I always swap the pickups out of my guitars, even if they come with nice pickups. I just never like the way a guitar sounds stock, but this and my JP16 are 2 of the best sounding guitars I've ever played.

I've got a flat black with the faux-carbon fiber shield and honestly it looks fine, and more importantly sounds fantastic.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Lately I've been GASing really hard for a Mesa Maverick--I know they aren't the highest gain amps around, but they're 30 watts of class A power and sound so smooth and full! Pretty sure they are the precursor to the Lone Star line, only the Maverick would use el84's in the power section.

Metropolis

Reaction score
Probably one of these is coming from a trade. I had a six string version and it wasn't too amazing, indonesian Iron Label and all that. But still kind of liked it because it's a RGA at least. Luckily it has Seymour Duncan Nazgul & Sentient pickups, and not the stock DiMarzio Fusion Edges :rocker:

p_region_RGAIX7FM_TGF_1P_02_en_1.png

Asphyxia

Reaction score
Probably one of these is coming from a trade. I had a six string version and it wasn't too amazing, indonesian Iron Label and all that. But still kind of liked it because it's a RGA at least. Luckily it has Seymour Duncan Nazgul & Sentient pickups, and not the stock DiMarzio Fusion Edges :rocker:
I put a set of Schecter Apocalypse in my 6 string. It sounds amazing. Its in drop C and sounds way more brutal than my Schecter 7 in Drop A with a Nazgul.
If you are looking for something else I can't suggest enough how great the Apocalypse sounds in that guitar.
Its like nothing I've ever heard.
I won't say its the most articulate or anything. Just has something that clicks with that guitar.
The fusion edge was absolutely worthless IMO.

Metropolis

Reaction score
I put a set of Schecter Apocalypse in my 6 string. It sounds amazing. Its in drop C and sounds way more brutal than my Schecter 7 in Drop A with a Nazgul.
If you are looking for something else I can't suggest enough how great the Apocalypse sounds in that guitar.
Its like nothing I've ever heard.
I won't say its the most articulate or anything. Just has something that clicks with that guitar.
The fusion edge was absolutely worthless IMO.

Interesting... what kind of pickup is it? Is there similar options that other companies would make? Because those are really hard to get in this side of the world. Nazgul is really bright in guitars with bolt-on neck, but 25,5" scale should tame the coldness it has a little bit.

Bearitone

Reaction score
Y'all got me watching Micro Dark videos until 4 a.m. last night

People who have it, will it be too loud for an apartment rig, say through a 112 with a Celestion v30?
I don’t even have one and i know it will be fine.

I used to have a Dark Terror could do bedroom stuff no problem at all

Asphyxia

Reaction score
Interesting... what kind of pickup is it? Is there similar options that other companies would make? Because those are really hard to get in this side of the world. Nazgul is really bright in guitars with bolt-on neck, but 25,5" scale should tame the coldness it has a little bit.
I've never heard anything else like an Apocolypse. From the site. "The unique tri-field design of our Apocalypse pickups merge Alnico-V magnets with dual flanking Ceramic-8s, producing a balanced yet aggressive and combative tone. While being able to deliver a crushing mid-range, but maintain a tight, focused, and articulate response"
They are really not very high output. But it slays for brutal chugs, really shines for pinch harmonics and slays for dissonance chords. Which is my thing.
I usually go for higher output pickups.
Apocs changed my outlook on that though.
The neck pickup can clean up nice as well.
Someone told me the Ceramic BKP Warpigs are comparable.
I have no experience with them though.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Y'all got me watching Micro Dark videos until 4 a.m. last night

People who have it, will it be too loud for an apartment rig, say through a 112 with a Celestion v30?

My 1x12 with a 70/80 showed up today, so I'll give it a runthrough and see how loud it gets up to. With headphones, I tend to keep it at around 7/8 o'clock and it's perfectly loud.

Crundles

Reaction score
My 1x12 with a 70/80 showed up today, so I'll give it a runthrough and see how loud it gets up to. With headphones, I tend to keep it at around 7/8 o'clock and it's perfectly loud.

Sweet! Could I ask for an in-the-room sound clip with a phone or something, just as a general idea how it sounds?