What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Alex6534

Reaction score
:cool:

uk89nmy17GhRzD-prre9X0ShwDjK9bLlTFlmmY9Rfkw

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

1b4n3z

Reaction score
URL]

Whee - a Roadster! This is actually an old pic of mine, since I had one last summer but foolishly sold it. New one is on the way

edit: F it, windows phone is useless

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Been kinda thinking about another 8...problem is I've already tried the M80M and while I really dug the scale and the tones, I didn't really get along with the neck...like, at all. Be cool to have an 8 around to mess with, but I'd want it to be something I could be comfortable playing for longer periods of time if inspiration hit or I wanted to do a jam with it....ideas?

Shask

Reaction score
Been kinda thinking about another 8...problem is I've already tried the M80M and while I really dug the scale and the tones, I didn't really get along with the neck...like, at all. Be cool to have an 8 around to mess with, but I'd want it to be something I could be comfortable playing for longer periods of time if inspiration hit or I wanted to do a jam with it....ideas?

Maybe just string your Baritone Ibanez up like the top 6 on an 8 string?

I ran into an Agile Intrepid 8 string the other day at GC. I just had to mess with it for minute. Just trying to fret the top string was giving me wrist pains. I came home and looked it up... looks like it was 28.3" scale or something. Neck was kind of like a Schecter or Jackson-ish shape. It actually didn't feel bad at all, but 8's are definitely not gonna work for me. I have thought about a Baritone 6 string like you have, and stringing it up like the top 6 on an 8.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score

No Ash....I'm always stoked when guys get em because I know they've been jonesing for em but I never liked the looks. Maybe if I could play one with an Endurneck first and see, but there's no way I'd order that blind. Thanks for the thought though, brother.

Maybe just string your Baritone Ibanez up like the top 6 on an 8 string?

I ran into an Agile Intrepid 8 string the other day at GC. I just had to mess with it for minute. Just trying to fret the top string was giving me wrist pains. I came home and looked it up... looks like it was 28.3" scale or something. Neck was kind of like a Schecter or Jackson-ish shape. It actually didn't feel bad at all, but 8's are definitely not gonna work for me. I have thought about a Baritone 6 string like you have, and stringing it up like the top 6 on an 8.

Yeah but then I'd lose my baritone. I love my baritone. Like, a LOT. That thing is perfect for me...

I've actually thought about grabbing another M80M and having a luthier friend add some beef to the neck...making it fatter front to back. We've talked about this before.....I can do thin and I can do flat, but I can't do both....I loved everything about the M80M except how thin and flat the neck was....I think the baritone neck I have in an 8 would rule all...

protest

Reaction score
I actually have an 8 I'm trying to sell, but it's an Ibanez. I will say this though, it was the first Ibanez I played that didn't hurt my wrist after like 20 minutes. 8's just aren't for me though. I actually went to Sam Ash and saw/played the 6 string version. I would have bought it if it had a hard tail...all of my guitars have trems.

It's a nice looking guitar though

DSCN3579_zpsc1omndtp.jpg

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I totally get the looks thing man, it's just that the Endurneck is so goddamn comfy :lol:

I suppose you could look into getting someone to make a traditional shape 8 string with the Endurneck and FF, or an Endurneck replacement neck.

Aren't we supposed to be getting the OS 8 this summer? They have a handy 2 week return period you can use to see if you like the neck and then send it back :lol:

What about the Carvin 8 neck profile?

ncfiala

Silence you bastard
Reaction score
Well since I just snagged a Kemper Powerhead on ebay my next gear purchase won't be for awhile. At least a week

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score

Carvin? They have a couple of different neck profile options depending on what you want. I played a couple of DC800 models a good while back and they were really comfortable :yesway:

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
I totally get the looks thing man, it's just that the Endurneck is so goddamn comfy :lol:
I suppose you could look into getting someone to make a traditional shape 8 string with the Endurneck and FF, or an Endurneck replacement neck.
Aren't we supposed to be getting the OS 8 this summer? They have a handy 2 week return period you can use to see if you like the neck and then send it back :lol:

What about the Carvin 8 neck profile?

I threw my local luthier a text to see what he'd recommend, either just making me a new neck with my preferred shape or adding onto the existing M80M neck to add some depth...Carvin is an interesting option but I've never played one and have no idea what their necks are like...

Carvin? They have a couple of different neck profile options depending on what you want. I played a couple of DC800 models a good while back and they were really comfortable :yesway:

Comfortable how? As in not flat and thin? I know it seems weird to ERG people but I really want a giant fat front to back neck on an 8 string...I think I'd play it a lot more that way...as it is, I'd play the M80M for about 20-30 minutes and then put it down and massage my wrist for half an hour lol.....just can't do flat and thin....my baritone neck as an 8 would be friggin perfect...

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
Definitely not flat OR thin.

From what I remember, the DC800 neck was a medium C shape instead of a thin D shape like an Ibby. The profile fills your hand nicely, but it's not massive like a baseball bat and doesn't inhibit fast playing. Much more comfortable than fighting the shoulders on an Ibby neck IMO

vividox

Reaction score
Torpedo Reload
Boss GE7
Keely 4-Knob Compressor

All on the way. I'm taking the day off work tomorrow to play. It will be like a midweek Christmas.

lewis

Reaction score
Torpedo Reload
Boss GE7
Keely 4-Knob Compressor

All on the way. I'm taking the day off work tomorrow to play. It will be like a midweek Christmas.

I own the 4knob. Its amazing :yesway:

Mine is going to have to be a Kemper and the Airis Savage Drive 2.0 with tight knob

Fathand

Tube Snake Boogie
Reaction score
:coffee: I think I need a Vigier Excalibur of some sorts to enter my life. As soon as possible.

vividox

Reaction score
Torpedo Reload
Boss GE7
Keely 4-Knob Compressor
All of this stuff is awesome.

Only thing I need now is monitors. Right now I'm looking at the Yamaha HS7s, but it will probably be awhile (read: I need to move into a bigger house before they will fit in my studio space) before I get them.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
Well, my DC7X is scheduled for delivery tomorrow :D

I also finally got my Dominion/Gravity Storm set, though I won't be able to install them into my TL60 until I get some new pickup rings in the mail next week.

big_aug

Reaction score
Just preordered a Line 6 Helix. I'll be looking to pick up an eight string next.