What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BabUShka

Reaction score
Just scored a nice set of BPK Miracle Man with nickel covers for my Flying V. Thought I'd give them a chance. Short cable that needs to be exteded, that scared away a lot of potential buyers and pushed the price down. Perfect.

NickS

New solution, problem changed
Reaction score
Just scored a nice set of BPK Miracle Man with nickel covers for my Flying V. Thought I'd give them a chance. Short cable that needs to be exteded, that scared away a lot of potential buyers and pushed the price down. Perfect.
Miracle Men rule, I've had a burnt chrome set in one of my guitars for probably about ten years now:agreed:.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ordered some Blackouts for my RGA 8. I was going to go EMG, the Blackouts in my recent RGA 7 (did a NGD on that) impressed me enough to make the switch.

Now to decide if I want to copy the 7 and put an EMG PA2 in, another EMG accessory or a regular tone knob.

BabUShka

Reaction score
Miracle Men rule, I've had a burnt chrome set in one of my guitars for probably about ten years now:agreed:.

Great, good to hear! I sold my Mule / Riff Raff set as I wanted something bit heavier for the Flying V. I was thinking about the D Activator set.. But then I came over this Miracle Man set randomly for $100 with super short cables and he had done som weird stuff to the screws holes.. . I have a lot of spare extension cable and soldering gear, so this feels like a good score 😁

Screenshot_20230322_195354.jpg

Shask

Reaction score
Apparently a set of E34L tubes.

I decided to remove almost all the mods in my JCM800 2203 clone. I put it to stock except a small tweak in the poweramp for more bass and a depth control. I had an extra tube gain stage in there, but there is something about an extra tube that smooths out the tone vs. using an OD pedal like a SD-1. It was sounding great, and then one of the EL34's blew out :noplease:

I decided to order a set of E34L's to replace them. Now it sounds even better, and I was even able to change the depth circuit to handle more bass.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Apparently a set of E34L tubes.

I decided to remove almost all the mods in my JCM800 2203 clone. I put it to stock except a small tweak in the poweramp for more bass and a depth control. I had an extra tube gain stage in there, but there is something about an extra tube that smooths out the tone vs. using an OD pedal like a SD-1. It was sounding great, and then one of the EL34's blew out :noplease:

I decided to order a set of E34L's to replace them. Now it sounds even better, and I was even able to change the depth circuit to handle more bass.
How's the tubes? I heard they have a similar tonal footprint to big bottle tubes like KT88s or 6550s.
And I can believe the mod doing that. I'm guessing the extra tube stage just adds dBs while the SD-1 is adding that bass cut + naaasty ass midrange.

Shask

Reaction score
How's the tubes? I heard they have a similar tonal footprint to big bottle tubes like KT88s or 6550s.
And I can believe the mod doing that. I'm guessing the extra tube stage just adds dBs while the SD-1 is adding that bass cut + naaasty ass midrange.
I can tell they have some more bass and are more aggressive than the old Ruby EL34s I had in there. I don't know if they are like the big bottles, but they do sound good. I have been listening to a lot of Coal Chamber lately, so I kind of had that type of sound in my head.

The extra tube does add gain, but the cathode pair does cut some bass, and I had a cap on there to cut highs, so it was a peudo subtle tubescreamer type curve. I still found I preferred to use a pedal anyways to add that grind, and the mod plus an OD pedal was just too much and could squeal. I might put the extra tube on a switch sometime so I could still use the gain boost if I wanted but I just didn't feel like it. It is still wired up, just not connected in the signal.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Were Celestions offical Two Notes DynIR cab packs worthwhile? They released some M65 and H75 DynIR cab packs and I may have to check those out if they are any good.

Furtive Glance

Unfamiliar with the type of thing I’m seeing.
Reaction score
Well... wasn't planning on buying what I just did, but it sorta just naturally happened, you know? Hopefully the thread will be met with vast amounts of approval from my SSO brethren. The only validation I need in my life!

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
I've had my esp for like a week and I already want to rip out the EMGs lol. The bridge is alllmost there soundwise for me. It's just a bit too murky with some of my riffs. The neck pickup is godawful and needs to go asap. Might be cool to try the dino retribution set.

Edit: welp I found a retribution bridge for cheap so I pulled the trigger. I don't really use the neck pickup anyways, so why bother replacing it :lol:
got the Retribution installed last night.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Well... wasn't planning on buying what I just did, but it sorta just naturally happened, you know? Hopefully the thread will be met with vast amounts of approval from my SSO brethren. The only validation I need in my life!
Hello Furtive are you still there? Great, Good news, we've been authorized to pre-approve you for this purchase.

MoistTowelette

Reaction score
I need to stop myself from buying any more amps. Picked up a mint fully loaded Splawn Quickrod locally for a steal.
fetchimage.webp

Saw a Bogner Shiva pop up cheap on Reverb and haggled it down to $875. I don't know what's wrong with me.

Last edited:

Bearitone

Reaction score
Preparing to get a Temple Audio pedalboard to go with my resent Helix Floor acquisition.
The power supply modules are the primary reason I went with a Temple Audio board and years later i still haven’t invested in actually buying said modules lol. If you get one let us know what you think.