What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Moongrum

Reaction score
I want Walrus to hurry up and drop a limited version of the 385 Mk-II. I’m only going to buy one so I want it to be a little special
I hadn't realized they released a mkii!
I always wanted one because I love that saggy kind of overdrive. Having two channels now is a cool feature, not sure I would have wanted it bad enough for the price increase, though. But, More gain is a welcome addition 😀

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
I want Walrus to hurry up and drop a limited version of the 385 Mk-II. I’m only going to buy one so I want it to be a little special
I hadn't realized they released a mkii!
I always wanted one because I love that saggy kind of overdrive. Having two channels now is a cool feature, not sure I would have wanted it bad enough for the price increase, though. But, More gain is a welcome addition 😀

I think the day I finally bought a 385 they announced the mk2 lol.

Masoo2

Reaction score
forgot to post like a week ago so uhh

"next purchase will be an M80M"

said M80M:

IMG_8579.jpg

absolutely fantastic - it's one of the newer jatoba fretboard models afaik

bought used for a great price and it has a flawless neck, perfect frets, great setup, only minor cosmetic flaw on the back but the wiring is a little ehh

I seriously should've picked up one of these back in 2016 when I first got my hands on one at a Sam Ash

absolutely set the bar moving forward for how I expect metal-oriented guitars to sound out of the box - 29.4 inch scale length + Lundgren M8 right next to the bridge + thin @Winspear strings (70 + 52 + 9-44) = perfection

27/28 inch 8 strings eat your heart out

it's gonna suck next time I have to restring this though - I'm already paranoid enough tuning a 9 up to E on a 25.5 inch scale, this I spent a good hour slowly bringing up to tension for Eb

Last edited:

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Going to pick up an EBMM Jason Richardson Cutlass 7 tomorrow.

I'm kind of excited since I've never owned an EBMM before. I've played plenty of them, but never felt any kind of desire to own one (besides a ST. Vincent tbh).
I’m interested in hearing how you like it.

I’ve been fairly lukewarm on EBMM overall, but the Majesty 8 has my attention due to the piezos and shorter scale compared to my Aristides. Tossing thicker strings on it and utilizing the piezos a lot seems like a neat idea to me.

Moongrum

Reaction score
I ordered a 7 string Kiesel back in December (still being built). Felt really guilty about it, because I don't need a 7, just thought it might be neat to own one.
Well, now that I have owned an 8 string for 2 months or so now, and have spent some more time with my 8 string, I feel vindicated 😌
I tried making a moody song on my 8 today after work (the daw thread made me want to get back into recording):

And man, for this kind of middling low energy music, I cannot get that 8th string to work😅 It's just too damn low. Hand was getting really fatigued playing chords, too.

So now I'm thinking a 7 string will be the perfect middle ground for me, and am really looking forward to when I finally get the shipping notification. Past me was so smart to impulsively put in an order for a 7 😌

Bearitone

Reaction score

said M80M:

View attachment 139995

bought used for a great price and it has a flawless neck, perfect frets, great setup, only minor cosmetic flaw on the back but the wiring is a little ehh

I seriously should've picked up one of these back in 2016 when I first got my hands on one at a Sam Ash

absolutely set the bar moving forward for how I expect metal-oriented guitars to sound out of the box - 29.4 inch scale length + Lundgren M8 right next to the bridge + thin @Winspear strings (70 + 52 + 9-44) = perfection

it's gonna suck next time I have to restring this though - I'm already paranoid enough tuning a 9 up to E on a 25.5 inch scale, this I spent a good hour slowly bringing up to tension for Eb
I want NOTHING more from Ibanez but for them to make a 6 string version of this. They offer similar stuff but, I want that 29.4 scale, the lundgren, and that dope ass bridge!!

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Hadn't heard of that, but seems like a good idea. I haven't used my FM3 in months because apparently whem I'm in the mood to jam I'm not in the mood to go menu diving.
Set and forget.

Hopefully my allparts tele neck arrives this week, then i gotta meet my buddy to rattlecan nitro it.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Picked up a Vox amplug 3 AC 30 headphone amp for laying in bed after the kids go down, and my lord these things are fun. I got it for pennies with my store discount but man, id easily pay for this full price.

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
Picked up a Vox amplug 3 AC 30 headphone amp for laying in bed after the kids go down, and my lord these things are fun. I got it for pennies with my store discount but man, id easily pay for this full price.
Ola’s demo of the rectifier inspired one sounded hilariously brutal. It made me want to try one.

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score

said M80M:

View attachment 139995

A good friend had one of these for a few years before he sold it and I played it a number of times, along side my RG852 and I really never felt like a straight scale 29.4 was worth it for Standard. I also had an RG9 and wasn't a fan of the high end on that either, and it was only 28"! But it wasn't terrible at 28".

The F# sounds good, yea, but at the cost of the upper register. And while I personally am not bothered by fairly loose strings, I am bothered by ultra tight high strings.

I would be interested in trying a multiscale 8 with a 29ish" scale, though. Or maybe a 9 string that is 30"-26.5" or 30"-27"...now that could be interesting. Or even 29.5"-27/26.5. I wish I could try all of those options lol