What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Asdrael

Green and Blue stuff.
Reaction score
Now that I sold my Grandmeister, I am actively looking for a synergy Syn1 or Syn2 with at first a Slo and a Deliverance module. And hope it will be fine through the loop of my IRT Studio.

But I also need pickups for my RGA321, the fluence really aren't doing it for me...

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I need a Jazz Bass in my arsenal. But which colour...

V74STAWHI_8306a2ca-6ce7-4dd4-98ea-e5c18b121bd0.png

V74STBKI_b0503bd4-c1b4-457b-aac1-e58864f85b0a.png
I'm gonna be a dissenting opinion and say black. The black just looks proper classy with all the other appointments (tort, binding, blocks)

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Was gonna buy a Deluxe Reverb tomorrow for a stupid price... But I've been digging my Iconic 40 a lot for lower to mid gain tones and I've got the HX Stomp on the way that I could use to model the DR... So maybe I don't need it? 🤷‍♂️

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Asdrael

Green and Blue stuff.
Reaction score
Are you planning to replace them with actives?
No. I tried actives (EMG and Townsend Fluence) and it's just not for me. Going back to medium high output humbuckers, just not sure which. Pegasus/Sentient looking good right now, or maybe something from a European builder as it doesn't come out that much more expensive here.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score
I kind of wonder if there is more metal to wood contact on the knife edges and thicker posts of the TOM as compared to the little allen screws on the typical hardtail. Maybe those larger posts of the TOM going 1/2" or whatever into the wood transmits more of the vibration to the wood and pickups.

I'm a huge believer in TOMS. While I prefer the saddle height adjustment options on a hipshot hardtail/gotoh 2pt so I can dial in the 4/64" bass side taper down to 2 to 3/64" treble side in my setups, the TOM has what I feel is the superior hand feel for palm muted riffs and whatnot and every time I try a different bridge or trem, I inevitably wander back to the classic TOM.

*edit to say yes I can still get a tapered string action setup with a TOM but I like the fine tuning available w other bridges.

Last edited:

Wiltonauer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Was gonna buy a Deluxe Reverb tomorrow for a stupid price... But I've been digging my Iconic 40 a lot for lower to mid gain tones and I've got the HX Stomp on the way that I could use to model the DR... So maybe I don't need it? 🤷‍♂️

If you think you need a Deluxe Reverb, you’re probably right. Better get one just to be sure. They like to be played loud, which is why I’m eyeing the Tone Master version.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
If you think you need a Deluxe Reverb, you’re probably right. Better get one just to be sure. They like to be played loud, which is why I’m eyeing the Tone Master version.
Can confirm the TM (black or blond tolex) are rippers.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
🤷‍♂️ I have no idea if I need one. I've never played one. The reason I want one is cause they sound great in demos and they seem to be the amp for a lot of the tones I'm playing with lately. But that Iconic sounds great on the Green channel. Mostly I'd be buying it to see if it's actually better and worth the cost, but then I also have to take up more space with another combo, which is not appealing. I was going to use it as a gigging amp, but then I started thinking about it and... I don't see why it would be better than the Iconic already is for that use. The price is great on the amp though, I could probably resell it for more if I don't want it... but it's already been listed for almost a month and hasn't sold, so I'm apprehensive to think that it would actually sell at a higher price.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
🤷‍♂️ I have no idea if I need one. I've never played one. The reason I want one is cause they sound great in demos and they seem to be the amp for a lot of the tones I'm playing with lately. But that Iconic sounds great on the Green channel. Mostly I'd be buying it to see if it's actually better and worth the cost, but then I also have to take up more space with another combo, which is not appealing. I was going to use it as a gigging amp, but then I started thinking about it and... I don't see why it would be better than the Iconic already is for that use. The price is great on the amp though, I could probably resell it for more if I don't want it... but it's already been listed for almost a month and hasn't sold, so I'm apprehensive to think that it would actually sell at a higher price.

Just so you know the DR sweet spot is volume 4-6. Plan accordingly.

And that’s why not a lot of people buy the Twin or Super, because they’re stupidly loud when you get those to a minimum of volume 4 lol.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
drri will sound different imo
Oh, I'm sure it will. Totally different power section for one, but maybe not significantly better? 🤷‍♂️
Just so you know the DR sweet spot is volume 4-6. Plan accordingly.

And that’s why not a lot of people buy the Twin or Super, because they’re stupidly loud when you get those to a minimum of volume 4 lol.
Yeah, that's not a problem. I have a PowerStation and one of those Bugera attenuators 🤘

Wiltonauer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A friend had a nice MIA DRRI, lived in an apartment with thin walls. At the volumes he could use, it was a de facto clean-only amp. 👍

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Well you’ll need to try one to decide if its better :lol:
You nearly triggered the amp whore in me and if this guy wasn't a 45 minute drive from me, I'd probably pick it up anyway, but I think my senses may have come to me. Unless he's actually willing to meet halfway, I'm not going out of my way to pick it up, doesn't matter if it's a good deal or not.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
You nearly triggered the amp whore in me and if this guy wasn't a 45 minute drive from me, I'd probably pick it up anyway, but I think my senses may have come to me. Unless he's actually willing to meet halfway, I'm not going out of my way to pick it up, doesn't matter if it's a good deal or not.
I would make a 45m drive without thinking twice :lol: