What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Got some new saddles and tuner buttons for my cheapo Jackson. Nothing wrong with what's on there now, but man's gotta have his A E S T H E T I C

4GSM-RVST-B850_VARIANT_800x.jpg

6B1SK1-B_800x.jpg

Jacksonluvr636

Reaction score
I really need to stop but here's a few things I have recently ordered/waiting for and a few more on the radar.

Items in transit: Dirty Tree, Klon type clone, a pair of Heritage 75hz Greenbacks, Dunlop sharp and a few different sets of Dunlop Flows to try. Got a Tung Sol Reissue 12ax7, a pair of Shuguang 12ax7a and a Sovtek LPS for the Phase Inverter.

Also ordered a Lone Wolf Audio Toxic Presence EQ but that's a few months out.

Things on the radar: VFE Pinball/Standout, Cioks DC7 Power supply and Jimmy Clips (lost the Jimmy's I had or maybe gave them to a friend)

Last edited:

Jacksonluvr636

Reaction score
G12H-30 Heritage 75hz?
I got them from Chicago music exchange, the offical listing on their website:

Celestion Heritage Series G12H (75 Hz) 12" 30-Watt 16 Ohm Speaker

I have never had any greenbacks, I know there's tons of different models and years. From the small amount of research I did it seemed like these would be the right ones for me.

Outside of some rare fairy dusted models these ones were slightly more expensive than the M series and seemed better. I've seen others recommend the Heritage Series over the M and I figured get the biggest magnet I could. More magnet = more better?

I watched some videos on the 55hz vs 75hz models and it didn't seem like a drastic difference.

Last edited:

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
I really need to stop but here's a few things I have recently ordered/waiting for and a few more on the radar.

Items in transit: Dirty Tree, Klon type clone, a pair of Heritage 75hz Greenbacks, Dunlop sharp and a few different sets of Dunlop Flows to try. Got a Tung Sol Reissue 12ax7, a pair of Shuguang 12ax7a and a Sovtek LPS for the Phase Inverter.

Things on the radar: VFE Pinball/Standout, Cioks DC7 Power supply and Jimmy Clips (lost the Jimmy's I had or maybe gave them to a friend)
Didn't realize you were over here, too. Hopefully the DT and Chiron work well for you.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I got them from Chicago music exchange, the offical listing on their website:

Celestion Heritage Series G12H (75 Hz) 12" 30-Watt 16 Ohm Speaker

I have never had any greenbacks, I know there's tons of different models and years. From the small amount of research I did it seemed like these would be the right ones for me.

Outside of some rare fairy dusted models these ones were slightly more expensive than the M series and seemed better. I've seen others recommend the Heritage Series over the M and I figured get the biggest magnet I could. More magnet = more better?

I watched some videos on the 55hz vs 75hz models and it didn't seem like a drastic difference.

I have two Mojotone British 412s. One of them has 2 G12H-30 Heritage 55hz and 2 G12M-25 in an X pattern, while the other has 2 G12H-30 Heritage 75hz and 2 G12M-25 in an X pattern. Similar, but the 55hz might be a bit more "husky" in the voicing, while the 75hz are a bit more "open." Both sound great with the G12M-25 in an X pattern. CME is the only place I could find the 75hz version, whereas I got the 55hz version from Mojotone.

EDIT: I thought all 8 speakers sounded stiffer than dried dog shit when I first installed them. Playing them a few hours (4 or so) at a decent volume, even if it wasn't that loud and totally bareable at 10-15 feet away, made a lot of difference. I enjoy breaking in speakers, as I feel like I play quite a bit differently than I normally do, as I like to jump around from the lower strings to the higher strings a lot to get the speaker moving at various frequencies quickly.

NexusMT

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I always boost all my amps pretty much. The Herbert has a tone of lows and low mids so imo it needs a boost for modern high gain tones. Boosted, it's thick, tight, and extremely saturated with that signature Diezel hi-fi-ish tone.

I got an Herbert a few days ago and this sums up my experience.The Mid Cut with an SD1 in front it just becomes an ultra modern metal beast with lots of clarity. I'm surprised how an Amp with that amount of gain is so quiet without a Noise Gate.

NAD incoming...

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score

Go with the Standout. That’s the one Peter told me to buy. He considered it his best circuit of that kind.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
~sigh~

So much for the good deal on that Deluxe Reverb. I thought it seemed way too quiet, so I touched the power tubes and realized one was completely cold, while the other one was hot - decided to check the bias and the left tube is getting 23mA and the right one is getting 0. Switching the tubes gave the same results. Hoping it's just a screen grid resistor that blew and it's a cheap fix, but also not something I wanted to bother with on an amp I just got :rolleyes:

I guess the good thing is that it'll hopefully sound a lot better when it's fixed, cause it sounds okay right now but I honestly kinda like the Iconic's clean channel better :lol: Though, it does kind of soil the deal, because I was buying this one because it was a great deal. It's probably going to end up being close in price to what I could've talked someone else down to on their amp that works correctly...

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
Ended up scoring a JS22-7 DKA for cheapo cheapo. Now to see if it ends up shipping (yay guitar center lol), if it's a keeper, and if I go with an EMG 81-7/707 or dual 707s.
If it’s anything like mine it should knock your socks off for the price. Let me know what pickups you go for! The stock ones aren’t horrible but I miss the 81 I had in my RR5.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
If it’s anything like mine it should knock your socks off for the price. Let me know what pickups you go for! The stock ones aren’t horrible but I miss the 81 I had in my RR5.
I'm gonna be tuning this thing down to A Standard so yeah I'm not expecting to be blown away by the pickups lol.

I intentionally got the soap bar version, though. Easier to find EMG soap bar pickups

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
Ended up scoring a JS22-7 DKA for cheapo cheapo. Now to see if it ends up shipping (yay guitar center lol), if it's a keeper, and if I go with an EMG 81-7/707 or dual 707s.

A buddy of mine has one of those that I've done some work on. The pickups and nut are definitely the weak points, but the overall fit and finish are great for the price point :metal:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
A buddy of mine has one of those that I've done some work on. The pickups and nut are definitely the weak points, but the overall fit and finish are great for the price point :metal:
Yeah for the price I grabbed it it seems like a great modding platform. Might end up going Dino with it and installing a single 81-7 and covering the neck pickup. Or check out that Duncan Damocles pickup coming out. Or wait and see what else Duncan has coming out since they claim to have another pickup coming out later this month