What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
This isn't something I'm looking at buying, but just a random thought while looking at stuff on Sweetwater:

The Laney Ironheart my friend had was a decent amp and all (at the time, it cost around $1000), but is now $1780. I'd just like to know why it says "Made in China" on the chassis of the amp, but the back panel has a plaque that says "Black Country Customs - Handcrafted in the UK." I guess China is apart of the UK these days. Lmao

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
I am starting to wonder if I need some more 412 cabs, lol. Over the weekend I put my XXX 412 cab back together, and it sounded WAY better than it ever did before. I actually think the wiring of how I got it was wired out of phase, because it was bright and had no bass. Now it sounds full.

I also took my Triple Recto and put it through a load box, and then ran it back through my KT88 poweramp. HUGE sound! Makes me wonder if a Power Station or something should be in my future.
Maybe try the Power Load IR since you already have the big poweramp? I’d suggest the Suhr load box, but Suhr CS specifically told me no more than 4 power tubes can be handled by it. Amps like the Triple and Herbert could be damaged since it only has four resistors or whatever it is Suhr uses.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
Maybe try the Power Load IR since you already have the big poweramp? I’d suggest the Suhr load box, but Suhr CS specifically told me no more than 4 power tubes can be handled by it. Amps like the Triple and Herbert could be damaged since it only has four resistors or whatever it is Suhr uses.
I already have a Fractal LB-2, so I don't really need anything. I was just thinking something simpler. I know the extra depth from the KT88s are adding even more chunk to the Triple that I did not get when I did the same thing with my Matrix GT1000fx.

I don't turn it up very loud. It was more for routing convenience. I have a bunch of different things (random amps into the LB-2, Synergy rack, FM3, Axe-FX II, etc...) all going into a rack mixer, which then goes into the KT88 amp. This was just the first time I ran tube into tube, because I haven't used the load box since I switched from the Matrix to the KT88s.

I built an ABY switch the other day and was just testing it, but that lead to this amazing tone, lol.

col

blah.
Reaction score
V30 iirc so the classic metalcore pairing except its not a mesa cab. Enjoy!
Not V30's, Marshall Vintages. Less presence and treble. To me that translates as thicker tone without fizz.

Quick horseshit chugchug

Here's a really good comparison through multiple amps. Although I'd have liked another comparison where the amps are tweaked to make the two more similar to show how the high end actually works, now the V30 is ear rape and MV is muffled.

I make my own pickups. Although they sound a bit similar to EMG's so...
On paper, a 6505 amp with a V30 loaded cab, and a guitar with an EMG 81 in the bridge just seems like upper midrange ear rape without lube.

Last edited:

MoistTowelette

Reaction score
The agile finally arrived. First new guitar I've bought in years I think. Fretwork is flawless and it's comfortable to play. The 30 inch scale for the low E is perfection. It's the perfect scale length for an 8 string and I'm surprised I don't see it more often for 8 strings.

IMG-5829.jpg

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The agile finally arrived. First new guitar I've bought in years I think. Fretwork is flawless and it's comfortable to play. The 30 inch scale for the low E is perfection. It's the perfect scale length for an 8 string and I'm surprised I don't see it more often for 8 strings.

IMG-5829.jpg
Reminded of the dark times when 25.5 - 26.5 8 strings were standard... :lol:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is it 200w of headroom bliss?

150w but who's counting :rofl: At least on the Uber I can pull 2 tubes and run at a more reasonable wattage if I want to attenuate it with the PS100, unlike the Herbert

ooh that's the version I want. Some of the guys who've tried all the versions said the El34 can take Kt88 without any issues as well.

I was leaning towards the 6L6 but this popped up first

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I reeaaalllly don't need it but I'm thinking about getting a Sansamp PSA2 just to have it. Rammstein fanboyism is enough of an excuse
I have one permanently on my bass board. All of my other dirt/preamp pedals follow it and it's kick ass. Highly recommended.

aWoodenShip

Reaction score
IMG_0752.jpeg
I finally went and got a Zuul+ when Fortin had their Easter sale. I know they’re overpriced and there’s other good noise gates out there but I’d be lying if I didn’t fall for the aesthetic. This is how my board will stay until the Tonex One releases for me to throw in the loop of the stomp hopefully.

Turd Ferguson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
View attachment 142603
I finally went and got a Zuul+ when Fortin had their Easter sale. I know they’re overpriced and there’s other good noise gates out there but I’d be lying if I didn’t fall for the aesthetic. This is how my board will stay until the Tonex One releases for me to throw in the loop of the stomp hopefully.

How do you like those footswitch toppers? I've been tempted to grab some.

aWoodenShip

Reaction score
How do you like those footswitch toppers? I've been tempted to grab some.
I like them plenty. Especially if you have something like the stomp and want to see the LEDs through them. Haven’t had any issues with them falling off except for whatever reason the switch on the Drop was too small for all of them so I wrapped it with clear scotch tape a couple times and then put the topper on.

Turd Ferguson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I like them plenty. Especially if you have something like the stomp and want to see the LEDs through them. Haven’t had any issues with them falling off except for whatever reason the switch on the Drop was too small for all of them so I wrapped it with clear scotch tape a couple times and then put the topper on.

Nice. I just ordered some from Aliexpress for 99 cents. First time buying from that outfit, so we'll see how that goes. I mostly play in socks/bare feet in my man cave so these should be a nice addition (if they show up).