What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
I've been doing really well not buying much the last year or so because I had a house & shop built. Also project car parts are expensive.

Anyways...all that to say I should have never got on Reverb and started looking at ESP/E-ll/Ltd Arrows...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Since I am too cheap to spend the $5k+ on this, going to do another KnE / Musikraft / MJT build using the black Duncan RTM / Quarter Pounder HSS set I have here. I think I already have black knobs too, so we'll see how the combo looks. Should hopefully have it together by the late fall.

cr-11__wildcat.jpg

Shask

Reaction score
I've been doing really well not buying much the last year or so because I had a house & shop built. Also project car parts are expensive.

Anyways...all that to say I should have never got on Reverb and started looking at ESP/E-ll/Ltd Arrows...
I have bought small things, but nothing big lately. Around 75% of my bring home pay is going to the house right now because I want that shit gone, lol.

So, my big splurge this week was some 4" flat cable connectors, because they look nicer than the 6" right angle ones I have been using.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I was considering an 81 and something for my S621 but I'm leaning more towards the Hets now. Should be an easier install I'm guessing.

So more EMG's for me... Possibly a Het set and an 85-7 for a different guitar.
It's exactly the same. Both pickups are the same dimensions.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
The SD-1 is basically an OD-1 with a tone control.
Yep, that's what I've heard. Apparently the circuit is identical except for that control, which is very interesting considering the SD-1 has more adjustment according to this... And it's cheaper lmao.
From what I can tell it sounds like the frequency of the midrange of the Helix Stupor Drive is brought down a bit. It still cuts the same amount of bass but it's less trebly and more midrangey. A real SD-1 is crazy bright
That sounds pretty accurate according to my OD-200, then!
I think the HX Stomp has some sort of double tracker effect that is based on the Mimiq, but I am not sure if it is as good.

Could always go the other way and get something like a Q-Tron pedal.
Hmm, I'll check it out. Currently looking at weird effects that I won't use a ton but I know the Stomp can't do or won't do nearly as well, so the Q-Tron might fit that bill.
It's not. Mimiq is much better
Good to know!
This actually makes me want to try an OD-1. Love the SD-1 but, want to roll some lows back in
The clone I got on Amazon to build with my daughter was only like $30 and it looks super simple. Parts are good quality too if you're handy with a soldering iron.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Still need a rack case because currently all my stuff is just sitting on top of one another loosey goosey style. Will probably just go with an SKB 6U -- there will be one space empty but I can't think of a single thing I'd need to occupy it lol. Just have an Axe FX II, Fryette 2/50/2, and power conditioner.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Still need a rack case because currently all my stuff is just sitting on top of one another loosey goosey style. Will probably just go with an SKB 6U -- there will be one space empty but I can't think of a single thing I'd need to occupy it lol. Just have an Axe FX II, Fryette 2/50/2, and power conditioner.
Add a 1u rack drawer?

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
EMG 85-7 en route, hopefully I'll get it next week but I'm guessing it could be after the 4th of July.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
If you have a Sam Ash nearby, they will probably let you name your price on rack cases because they sure as hell don't want to lose even more cash shipping them.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Ahh, I was thinking the Hets were open coil and different dimensions! Wrong!

Shouldn't be that big of a deal to install.
You'd probably want to try the Daemonums if you want something easier to install. They seem to be a different kind of hot-rodded EMG with more focus in the mids

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Holy moly, I bought the Large Mouse module for my Jackson Audio Asabi just to see if it could save the distortion side for me because the stock module is super fuzzy, has way too much gain and is really muddy without the boost side engaged... This is a COMPLETELY different pedal now. The Large Mouse (RAT) module is KILLER. Why TF are they not putting this in there stock? It's so much better it's not even a contest. My OD-200 had some really cool distortion settings, but this puts it to shame now. Into my Iconic 40... I might actually like this better than the lead channel :lol: