What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
Still need a rack case because currently all my stuff is just sitting on top of one another loosey goosey style. Will probably just go with an SKB 6U -- there will be one space empty but I can't think of a single thing I'd need to occupy it lol. Just have an Axe FX II, Fryette 2/50/2, and power conditioner.
Me too, lol.

I recently tried to clean up some stuff and re-stacked my rack stuff into 2 side-by-side stacks on top of a 212 cabs. Looks a lot better now, but still not as good as just buying a rack case, lol.

I can never decide on what size I want.

Shask

Reaction score
Still need a rack case because currently all my stuff is just sitting on top of one another loosey goosey style. Will probably just go with an SKB 6U -- there will be one space empty but I can't think of a single thing I'd need to occupy it lol. Just have an Axe FX II, Fryette 2/50/2, and power conditioner.

Oh, and leaving 1 empty space between the Freyette and Axe II would be good for air flow. You dont want all that tube heat raising into the Axe.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
Holy moly, I bought the Large Mouse module for my Jackson Audio Asabi just to see if it could save the distortion side for me because the stock module is super fuzzy, has way too much gain and is really muddy without the boost side engaged... This is a COMPLETELY different pedal now. The Large Mouse (RAT) module is KILLER. Why TF are they not putting this in there stock? It's so much better it's not even a contest. My OD-200 had some really cool distortion settings, but this puts it to shame now. Into my Iconic 40... I might actually like this better than the lead channel :lol:
@Spaced Out Ace - might be worth buying one of these for cheap and see if it fixes yours for you as well. I know you were saying you didn't dig it, this completely transformed the pedal for me. Looks like the sale is over now, though 😭

rokket2005

Reaction score
I grabbed the Fabfilter Timeless 3 and Saturn 2 since they were the main ones I had held off on before but was still interested in. I'd been using H-delay primarily for years and never really liked it, and Saturn has a lot more nuance and usability than VTM/Decapitator/Devil-loc especially for mastering situations.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
Me too, lol.

I recently tried to clean up some stuff and re-stacked my rack stuff into 2 side-by-side stacks on top of a 212 cabs. Looks a lot better now, but still not as good as just buying a rack case, lol.

I can never decide on what size I want.

It's hard! For this one I'll probably just look for something inexpensive...if money weren't an object I'd like a rack preamp and a pedal drawer to just have a crazy setup to mess around with lol, but that would probably need to be more like a 10U. Practically speaking I can do most everything I want with just this stuff.

Oh, and leaving 1 empty space between the Freyette and Axe II would be good for air flow. You dont want all that tube heat raising into the Axe.

Good point! Might just do that, and either throw in a drawer or just a perforated cover plate.

Moongrum

Reaction score
Was gonna maybe spend money on a 2204 but can trade for a DR103 which is much less painful on the wallet. Very different amps though. Research mode on the dr103.
Any idea what the Hiwatt sound is supposed to be? I thought they were supposed to be high headroom/clean type of amps.
Artists that come to mind are The Who, and I think Gilmour used some at Live at Pompeii? Regardless, not a lot of gain from either artist 🧐

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
I had one of these back in my gigging days, pretty sweet amp for the money, especially these days. You'll end up grabbing one someday and I bet you'll dig it. Making a little cart with casters for it was a must as well, thing is so top heavy.
Make no mistake, if it's still on marketplace when I go back to work in August it will be mine.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Any idea what the Hiwatt sound is supposed to be? I thought they were supposed to be high headroom/clean type of amps.
Artists that come to mind are The Who, and I think Gilmour used some at Live at Pompeii? Regardless, not a lot of gain from either artist 🧐
I dunno but segeborn has a vid comparing to a jcm800 i’ll watch when the kids go to bed. And I learned that canadian market models got a preamp mod before hitting dealers which affects the sound.

I run pedals for dirt so Im not worried about breakup tones.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
@Spaced Out Ace - might be worth buying one of these for cheap and see if it fixes yours for you as well. I know you were saying you didn't dig it, this completely transformed the pedal for me. Looks like the sale is over now, though 😭
In my instance, it may have been how I was using it. I've yet to try it into the clean channel of my IR-X or my Synergy OS modules.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
In my instance, it may have been how I was using it. I've yet to try it into the clean channel of my IR-X or my Synergy OS modules.
Could be. The boost side works really well into a gained out amp. The stock distortion, not at all. The Large Mouse works well as a boost, though!

Shask

Reaction score
It's hard! For this one I'll probably just look for something inexpensive...if money weren't an object I'd like a rack preamp and a pedal drawer to just have a crazy setup to mess around with lol, but that would probably need to be more like a 10U. Practically speaking I can do most everything I want with just this stuff.

Good point! Might just do that, and either throw in a drawer or just a perforated cover plate.
That is my issue.... I have a ton of units, and would need a giant case to hold them all. However, I also kind of want to downsize, and dont want to be stuck with a giant case, lol.

Shask

Reaction score
Holy moly, I bought the Large Mouse module for my Jackson Audio Asabi just to see if it could save the distortion side for me because the stock module is super fuzzy, has way too much gain and is really muddy without the boost side engaged... This is a COMPLETELY different pedal now. The Large Mouse (RAT) module is KILLER. Why TF are they not putting this in there stock? It's so much better it's not even a contest. My OD-200 had some really cool distortion settings, but this puts it to shame now. Into my Iconic 40... I might actually like this better than the lead channel :lol:
I generally prefer Tubescreamers, but the Rat used as a booster OD into a high gain amp is pretty cool also. Volume at like 3 oclock, and gain about 9 oclock, Filter to taste. It does a cool almost Treble Booster type thing.

I am kind of convinced that the Klon is kind of a Rat, Clean Blend, Tubescreamer Hybrid.