What now for Apple users?

• Thread starter ramses
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score
So the new Apple Photos app is a toy. What can you recommend me to eventually move away from Aperture?

I'm not worried about having a tool to migrate away from Aperture. I also do not want to upload my photos. I only care about great editing tools.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score
I have been investigating, and it seems that Capture One Pro 8 would be the best choice. However, I see that some ex-Aperture users are waiting for Lightroom 6 to be released before making a decision. I have no experience with Lightroom, so I don't know if waiting for the new version would put it at an advantage over Capture One Pro 8.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know what's up with Lightroom 6. IIRC it was supposed to be announced March 6, then March 20, and nothing so far. I'm waiting to hear about that before I decide if I want to try Capture One.

Tang

Master of Chihuahuas
Reaction score
I get by just fine with Lightroom 5, but I wouldn't say no to trying Capture One Pro.