What Pickups on This Guitar - Ibanez RG2550EX GK

IrvOnly

Reaction score
Hey All,

What pickups would you put on this guitar? I recently got it and although it is a nice sounding guitar, I think the pickups are lacking clarity and overall character. Any experience with this guitar with different pickups? Im guessing DiMarzio sor Duncans will be my best bets but am unsure on which pickups will be a good match for it. I've read about DiMarzio Gravity Storms and they seem nice but there are so little reviews of them on the internet. What would you suggets as a versatile pickup set for this guitar(basswood body, maple neck, rosewood board)?

Thanks

14117818_10157349720965383_8242933166391698580_n.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

s2k9k

Reaction score
Gravity Storms would be great in that guitar. I would also look in to the Dark Matter and the Titan.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Gravity Storms rule. While there are pickups that do the extreme metal tone better, a GS set will excel when it comes to versatility. And they're awesome when playing leads.

Dark Matter.

I'm assuming you mean the Dark Matter 2 pickups, as the original Dark Matters are just Gravity Storms in the steampunk housing. :yesway:

PBGas

Reaction score
Gravity Storms on a basswood body work and sound great! I had these on my JemFP2 and loved every minute of it! I currently have them on my J Custom as well.