What pups should I use in my Agile Septor 727?

mgcasella

Reaction score
Hello All.

I'm planning on buying an Agile Septor 727:shred: and I'm not sure what pups I should replace the allegedly crappy stock pups with.

I am using Blackouts in my Agile Baritone right now and they sound awesome. However, I wanted to put out this thread for suggestions before I throw down some cash for some seven-string Blackouts.

I read through the info page on pups but am still unsure about which ones I could experiment with.

I would like to replace the bridge and the neck pups at the same time and spend under $250; however, I could always buy a kick-ass bridge pup and then save up money later for a neck pup.

Anyway...suggestions, please? I play death metal and grindcore :hbang:
-M

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Since you asked: definitely the 'Warpig' set from Bare Knuckle w/ the ceramic bridge and alnico V neck. The ultimate for death metal/grind and perfectly voiced for the Agile's woods & construction as well. They also would cost a good deal less than $250 for the full set.

I can't think of anything else that would come close, but if you wanted something less expensive the Duncan SH-5 would work, as would some DiMarzios like the Evolution or X2N.

mgcasella

Reaction score
With the exchange rate, the Warpigs end up costing about $280.55 - just a tad but more than I can justify spending :scream:

Does anyone know any other good combos/pup suggestions?

Kronpox

shrent? shrent.
Reaction score
I stand by my Lundgren M7, but it's a lot of cash to fork over on one pickup- like that would be your entire budget right there- and furthermore once you have it you'll never be able to play a Dimarzio or a Blackout or whatever else again which will cost you even more money in the long run

I'd say hack a Warpig into it and save up more cash for another neck pickup later. Chances are you don't need an absolutely brilliant neck pickup if you're playing death/grind, so you can save some money on that and get a Dimarzio or Duncan or something else run-of-the-mill