What would you ask Jeff Waters (Annihilator)?

Wretched

Reaction score
I'm interviewing Jeff Waters of Annihilator on Friday morning, which should be interesting. But with 26 years of history under his belt; what would you guys like to know that you've never read anywhere else?

I have a long list of questions already, but I like some of the things readers come up with when Guitar World do their 'Dear Guitar Hero...' articles. So, I thought I'd open the floor to you guys and girls.

Hit me!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MorbidTravis

Banned
Reaction score
has he ever thought about playing 7 string guitars( i dont know anyhing about the band, so they probably already do)

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
When is the new album coming out and will it have a ton of guests like the last one? Also, what keeps him from staying with one guitar manufacturer?

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
ask him about his signature guitar. i remember seen a couple models & they were killer. i saw it a while back but cant remember who made it or if they were going to continue to.

Wretched

Reaction score
I think the new album IS out. I know I have it. It's amazing! Best thing they've done in 20 years.

Yep, will be asking about the new Epiphone.

Don't think it has a bunch of guests on the new album, no.

ittoa666

Reaction score
I think the new album IS out. I know I have it. It's amazing! Best thing they've done in 20 years.

I really need to keep up with them then :lol: I actually had no idea that it was out. Maybe try asking him if it was a good time working on METAL with everyone, and who his favorite guest was.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
How on earth does he keep up his enthusiasm for gigging and recording after such an extended period of time in the business.

Also - gear checks are always a favourite :)

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score

i know it wasnt epi - thought it was kxk but here is what i was talking about.

ran-annihilator-guitars.jpg

ittoa666

Reaction score
That would be his Ran guitars sig. I wish he'd stayed with them, but it might have been hard to work with them seeing as he is in Canada and they're in Poland.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
That would be his Ran guitars sig. I wish he'd stayed with them, but it might have been hard to work with them seeing as he is in Canada and they're in Poland.

yeah, ran. i saw it when i was scoping out their site and getting a quote on a custom that was gonna take a 1 - 1 1/2 years.

here is the epi - kinda looks like the hamer he had before. i like the ran better.

Imgp0962.jpg

jeffwaters.jpg

Wretched

Reaction score
Yeah, he had a Ran before. Was on their website for a while. Probably still is.

At a guess, before I ask him, I'd say that musos get signed to contracts for certain time periods and when they lapse, both parties have the right to accept or decline and perhaps either party had reason to decline in each case.

Perhaps another company simply offered and he decided to give them a try??

I'll try and find out.

eric86

Reaction score
Definately a run down on his gear.
Also want to know how the fuck he managed to play the solo of roadrunner uniteds album- (Song-The Dagger) And on a scale of 1-10 how hard is that solo to play??!!

AliceAxe

Reaction score
funny story, I met them in a bar a long long time ago.
There was this cute guy staring at me from across the bar so I started making goofy faces at him, so he made faces back, we did that for while lol, then walked over and started talking to each other . When he found out my name was Alice , he called the rest of the band over to meet me, and told me their release was called 'Alice in Hell'. I guess they were just releasing it at the time or something. they thought it was ironic. I find it ironic too, they went on to their careers and I went on to my living hell battling the Lyme Disease wars. go figure.

I don't know who it was I met. I think it was the guitar player though because I remeber talking about guitar. too long ago to remeber. If thats him now, he is still a handsome guy :cool:

I favor Ibbys but Ive got a bunch of different brands of guitar too, myself. Different guitar suit different things IMHO. Just like differnt brands of amp cabs or pedals.

ittoa666

Reaction score
funny story, I met them in a bar a long long time ago.
There was this cute guy staring at me from across the bar so I started making goofy faces at him, so he made faces back, we did that for while lol, then walked over and started talking to each other . When he found out my name was Alice , he called the rest of the band over to meet me, and told me their release was called 'Alice in Hell'. I guess they were just releasing it at the time or something. they thought it was ironic. I find it ironic too, they went on to their careers and I went on to my living hell battling the Lyme Disease wars. go figure.

I don't know who it was I met. I think it was the guitar player though because I remeber talking about guitar. too long ago to remeber. If thats him now, he is still a handsome guy :cool:

:lol: Thats awesome.

chucknorrishred

Reaction score
yeah, ran. i saw it when i was scoping out their site and getting a quote on a custom that was gonna take a 1 - 1 1/2 years.

here is the epi - kinda looks like the hamer he had before. i like the ran better.

Imgp0962.jpg

:lol: this pics gottata be old cuz I got that EXACT same pod rack mount :lol:

Id ask him....lets drink some beers....throw a lil jam?