What's up with Paul (Chimpspanner)?!

• Thread starter TheShreddinHand
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Years ago, (after ATDE but before ARLH), Paul released a couple files on Dropbox that were basically "album ideas," and they were fucking phenomenal, like Steve Vai with an 8 string. However, the link is long since gone. I message Paul about them, but he never responded. It wasn't short either, there was nearly 20 minutes of music all told.

I really wish I could hear them again.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
Hmm, maybe I need to give Zeta more of a chance. I got through the 1st song, and about halfway through the second before bailing. It's just not my style. Can you recommend any specific songs off that album?

Try ‘The Distance’, Fires in the snow, and gates of hell. Those are all a little more guitar driven while still being pretty catchy.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
Hmm, maybe I need to give Zeta more of a chance. I got through the 1st song, and about halfway through the second before bailing. It's just not my style. Can you recommend any specific songs off that album?

Try ‘The Distance’, Fires in the snow, and gates of hell. Those are all a little more guitar driven while still being pretty catchy.

Taylord

Reaction score
Always had huge respect for him. One of the pioneers of all this stuff. It's a shame he's not able to really do this full time anymore. Regret not seeing him when he came to the states years ago.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Chimpspanner opened for Cynic here a few years ago and I couldn't get a fake ID to go to the show.

So that's 2 of my favourites I missed my only chance to ever see.

New song is cool, but the mix seems a bit thin to me. Maybe juts the bandcamo stream though.

Chronophobia

Reaction score
Damn that new track is chaotic! Loving the crazy blasts, eerie atmosphere / tonality and the ending grooves.

Years ago, (after ATDE but before ARLH), Paul released a couple files on Dropbox that were basically "album ideas," and they were fucking phenomenal, like Steve Vai with an 8 string. However, the link is long since gone. I message Paul about them, but he never responded. It wasn't short either, there was nearly 20 minutes of music all told.

I really wish I could hear them again.

I've been enjoying those clips for years, apparently on my own... here:
- "Sampler Clip A"
- "Sampler Clip B"
- "Ambient Metal Construction: 2"

Pretty sure the "Ambient Metal Construction" mp3 is a demo from the loop pack series he sells online by that name. Not sure exactly when or where I found these but I'm glad I saved them when I could!

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn that new track is chaotic! Loving the crazy blasts, eerie atmosphere / tonality and the ending grooves.

- "Sampler Clip A"
- "Sampler Clip B"

Pretty sure the "Ambient Metal Construction" mp3 is a demo from the loop pack series he sells online by that name. Not sure exactly when or where I found these but I'm glad I saved them when I could!
Hot damn, those were exactly what I was looking for all that time ago. Thanks!

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score

- "Sampler Clip A"
- "Sampler Clip B"

Thanks for sharing. Really wish he would flesh out these ideas. His music always have had that Mario Kart 64/jazz fusion vibe and I love it.

Latest posts