What's your cholesterol?

• Thread starter Sentient
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sentient

Metal Dog
Contributor
Reaction score
Me & the wife had our annual physicals/bloodwork done last Saturday. Got my cholesterol numbers back yesterday...

Total: 184
HDL: 38
LDL: 126
Tri: 99
HDL Ratio: 4.8

Doc said it wasn't bad, but that I should try to improve it, as my "good" (HDL) was a bit low, and my "bad" (LDL) was a bit high.

My wife's total was 167, with all of her numbers looking better than mine. Dammit. I was hoping our numbers would at least be a bit closer, 'cuz now I'll spend the next year listening to her talk about how I need to be taking the skin off of my chicken, etc, etc (grumble, grumble), and that just pisses me off (well, not really... but I sure do loves me some fried stuff & shitty food. The shittier, the better, I always say. :lol:)

Anybody else know their numbers, or what it was the last time you had it checked?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dive-Baum

Bite Me Fan Boy!!
Reaction score
I had my bloodwork done a few times this year to check it out and I had the same problem as you..My good was high and my bad was low. But the good news is I turned it around in a few months by trying to eat better and working out.

And in response to the I'm not old enough to worry about that stuff....I just had a buddy of mine have a mini stroke at 30 for not taking care of himself.

D-EJ915

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I have no idea, but I love bacon cheeseburgers if that tells you anything.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
last time mine was checked, it didn't even register. the doc said it was well below 150, and that i should continue what it was i was doing to keep it so low.

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Dive-Baum said:
And in response to the I'm not old enough to worry about that stuff....I just had a buddy of mine have a mini stroke at 30 for not taking care of himself.

:blahblah: j/k I havent had it checked i think :scratch: