When the kite string pops bass tone

Reaction score
G'day does anyone know what gear amps pedals where used to record audie pitres bass tone of acid baths when the kite string pops album it is such a unique bass tone that sounds wicked if anyone knows let me know

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
I have no idea, but probably a loud nasty amp. Ampeg V4, Peavey F800, Sunn Beta Bass/Coliseum/etc, something like that.

This site says he used a HM-2

And chorus, obviously. Chorus!

amourtus

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
G'day does anyone know what gear amps pedals where used to record audie pitres bass tone of acid baths when the kite string pops album it is such a unique bass tone that sounds wicked if anyone knows let me know
i might be late. he used and ibanes sabre, an ibanez rd i think they are called, and a bc rich (warlock??). for pedals he used an hm2 and some sort of chorus pedal but i dont know which one. as far as i can tell he ran the chorus before the distortion. he used the hm2 for more of a crunch tone i think. i heard on a gear website that he used ampeg amps, it might have been sammy that said that.

amourtus

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
mightve been a flanger not chorus because of the scream of the butterfly demo

FILTHnFEAR

Dread it, run from it....
Reaction score
More people need to be aware of Acid Bath. 2 Incredible albums that I can still spin today and they get me just as pumped.
Agreed. I remember hearing WTKSP when it came out in high school. Been one of my all time favorite albums ever since. One of the first bands that I knew of that had the dual death metal/clean vocals.

It'd be amazing if they did a reunion tour, but unfortunately from what I understand Dax won't have anything to do with it.

Latest posts