Where are you from?

• Thread starter pablometal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Where are you from?

• Oceania

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Africa

• Asia

• Total voters

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Texas here! I prob should've just gathered some google images but I figured I'd post a few of my own Texas pics instead.

Unfortunately in 2011 my home town was hit very hard by a series of wildfires that blackened and leveled over 34,000 acres and destroyed nearly 1700 homes and commercial buildings.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
I just say southern Dutchess County, NY because it's the area I've lived in 95% of my life. 1% is like Georgia when I was born (although I was born in New Jersey. Insert Jersey jokes here), and the other 4% Buffalo, NY

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Born and raised in rural Wisconsin, USA, around farms/farmers, near "the lake". For the last 18 years, I've lived in California, currently in a geographical oddity that's both north and south of San Francisco, California

pablometal

Reaction score
My city

360° view

1aR51o8.jpg

aXgFfwK.jpg

sometimes it snows o_O

tumblr_ot77j9tTKM1qlnptxo1_1280.jpg

rC6HD7k.jpg

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
I'm born, raised and still live in Gouda, the Netherlands! Most famous for the cheese which originally wasn't (and still isn't) actually made in Gouda, it's just traded here. And now the whole cheese trade thing is just a tourist thing. And what's in American stores that's marketed as Gouda tastes nothing like the real thing. I know, i've been in the US.

This is the city that's most known in the country as the city where a bus driver got stabbed 9 years ago and where there's been 26 cars going up into flames over the past month or so. Nobody has been caught yet for that. Other than that there's not much happening here.

It does have a pretty city centre though.

stadhuis-markt.jpg

buurt1.jpg

And this is my favorite spot in the city. It's behind the large church, the street is very imaginitively called "behind the church".
9%20Gouda,%20Achter%20de%20Kerk.jpg

I don't live in nearly as nice a part as this, i live in a spectacularly boring appartment block.

The countryside surrounding the city looks largely like this:
csm%20foto%20website%20e66acf9124.jpg

Said countryside is all several meters below sea level. The lowest point in the country is a few kilometers from Gouda, at 6.7m below sea level.

Gouda isn't a bad place to live. It's pretty central in between the 4 biggest cities of the country. Utrecht, Rotterdam and The Hague all about 20 mins by train or car and Amsterdam about 50 mins.

pablometal

Reaction score
I'm born, raised and still live in Gouda, the Netherlands! Most famous for the cheese which originally wasn't (and still isn't) actually made in Gouda, it's just traded here. And now the whole cheese trade thing is just a tourist thing. And what's in American stores that's marketed as Gouda tastes nothing like the real thing. I know, i've been in the US.
now i know where gouda cheese come from!!! They call it "gauda" here, they must be wrong haha

Reaction score
@Mprinsje: The view of the "street behind the church" reminds me of Vermeer's paintings of Delft. Unfortunately I have only been in Amsterdam's airport passing by from somewhere to nowhere... I think I was in transit to and from Brussels and had a stop there 10 years ago...

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
@Mprinsje: The view of the "street behind the church" reminds me of Vermeer's paintings of Delft. Unfortunately I have only been in Amsterdam's airport passing by from somewhere to nowhere... I think I was in transit to and from Brussels and had a stop there 10 years ago...

Yeah Delft and Gouda have a similar vibe, Delft is just a bit bigger as a city. They're not too far from each other distance wise and both got their city rights within 30 years of each other (Delft 1246 AD and Gouda 1272 AD)

now i know where gouda cheese come from!!! They call it "gauda" here, they must be wrong haha

Now you know! Funny that they spell it wrong, it's not a protected name (like champagne) so they could just call it Gouda.

Mourguitars

Reaction score
Born in Tenn, i was a Army brat moved all over, Father got stationed in Germany during my early pre teen years lived there 3 1/2 years traveled all over Europe man that place was infectious . I loved the culture and scenery , history still to this day.The early 70's was a awesome time to travel over there. Got back to the states moved to PSL Fl in 75 been here ever since. I have a picture of me at check point Charlie getting a piece of the Berlin Wall on the shoulders of a German soldier. was a different time then..still have that wire and piece of the wall.

The best thing was living in Germany was that I got my Spiderman comic collection started , I got all issues 1-129 at the army PX...I have the whole collection still to this day

Awesome pic 's btw

Mike

Luafcm

Reaction score
I live in the city of Oshawa, Ontario, Canada. It has a rich automotive history but the GM plant here has somewhat shut down as of late. The city is just east of Toronto so a big urban sprawl is happening out here. the city is also known as the Durty Shwa...she may be dirty but she's home.:)

/
The Shwa! I'm down the street in 'Vegas (Belle-vegas!)

jaxadam

Reaction score
Where you're from or where you live? Because Outkast always said "it ain't where you from but where you pay rent".