Where Can I Find a Trem Cavity Cover for a Jackson Soloist?

• Thread starter tedtan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tedtan

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find a brushed black anodized aluminum trem cavity cover for a Jackson USA Select SL2H Soloist (the standard factory cover)?

I’ve contacted Jackson/Fender and they’ve put me in contact with someone who can make a replacement for me, but I need to get the measurements for him. Anyone have a used cover they’re willing to sell or know where I can find a new factory replacement?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you tried contacting a dealer who is also an authorized repair/service center?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Yul Brynner

Custom title
Reaction score
I had a black anodized brushed aluminum pickguard and truss rod cover set made by a place in California called Sharp Concepts. I just ordered it online from them and they had templates for all kinds of shit so a Jackson cover plate shouldn't be difficult.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you tried contacting a dealer who is also an authorized repair/service center?
They didn't used to be allowed to sell them or the switch tips. Unless that's changed? It was always something that really pissed me off, but Frets on the Net fills that niche very well.

tedtan

Reaction score
Like @Aeolian mentioned, Fender sells parts for Fender, Charvel, EVH, Gretsch, Squier, etc. but not for Jackson for some reason. :shrug:

Frets on the Net maybe?
I just bought the guitar used (sorry, no NGD thread) and don’t know the model year. The seller said it is a 2001, but the serial number puts it somewhere between 2005 and 2010 based on the online serial number charts I’ve found.

When I contacted Fender’s customer service, they sent links to eighteen different sites that offer aftermarket replacement parts, and it looks like Frets on the Net is the only place capable of doing the brushed anodized aluminum. Since I don’t know what year the guitar is, though, they’re asking for pictures, which I’ll send over with measurements.

I had a black anodized brushed aluminum pickguard and truss rod cover set made by a place in California called Sharp Concepts. I just ordered it online from them and they had templates for all kinds of shit so a Jackson cover plate shouldn't be difficult.
Thanks, I’ll check out Sharp Concepts, too.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They didn't used to be allowed to sell them or the switch tips. Unless that's changed? It was always something that really pissed me off, but Frets on the Net fills that niche very well.

I was able to get truss rod covers and pickguards as long as I had a serial number of something recent enough. I usually kept spares too. :shrug:

For hardware and pickups they'd just send a ticket number to give to the vendor (SD, Schaller, EMG, etc.).

That was quite some time ago though.

tedtan

Reaction score
I was able to get truss rod covers and pickguards as long as I had a serial number of something recent enough. I usually kept spares too. :shrug:

For hardware and pickups they'd just send a ticket number to give to the vendor (SD, Schaller, EMG, etc.).

That was quite some time ago though.
I could be wrong, I was just going by what Fender said as I don’t have authorized repair center nearby, but I guess I could check by phone and order by mail if they can get the part.

tedtan

Reaction score
To follow up in case it helps someone else, Dave at Frets on the Net had the part in stock.

I did look for Sharp Concepts, too, and found several businesses with that name, but didn’t see any related to guitar.