where do you share your music?

thoughtpyotr

Reaction score
Hey guys I made a tune the other day in order to practice thumping. It kinda sounds like AAL:
https://soundcloud.com/pedropeedro/pop-philosopher

Soundcloud isn't what it used to be though. I find little to no action there and instead have to send Soundcloud links elsewhere (like here).

Do you have any other got-to places to spread content?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MayorWest

Reaction score
Try bandlab and Songtree also if you want people to listen you have to engage in other people's stuff no matter what platform. Soundcloud is heavily saturated.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is your purpose of sharing it, is it to get feedback or is it to find listeners?

I think that if you just want feedback you're gonna need to keep posting links on niche websites like this one, painstakingly to see who cares. In that case soundcloud is as good as anything. If you want people to discover your music and appreciate it as just music however, I think Youtube is about as good as it gets. Spotify is also great due to playlists, people can save your song and play it when they're around other people which is amazingly fantastic. But if the idea is to get people to "stumble" across your music then I don't think anything beats youtube at the moment.

MayorWest

Reaction score
What is your purpose of sharing it, is it to get feedback or is it to find listeners?

I think that if you just want feedback you're gonna need to keep posting links on niche websites like this one, painstakingly to see who cares. In that case soundcloud is as good as anything. If you want people to discover your music and appreciate it as just music however, I think Youtube is about as good as it gets. Spotify is also great due to playlists, people can save your song and play it when they're around other people which is amazingly fantastic. But if the idea is to get people to "stumble" across your music then I don't think anything beats youtube at the moment.

That's what everyone says I gotta get on it lol.

Latest posts