Where do you stash your picks?

• Thread starter leftyguitarjoe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
I was wondering what methods you all use for pick storage during a show. I kinda just shove a few in my pocket:lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CrashRG

I'm Back Bitches!
Reaction score
mic stand pick holders, find a random spot on your guitar that you can hide them if possible, double sided tape. a guy i used to jam with used to keep one in his hand and one clenched in his teeth during shows......i also used to jam with a bass player who used a spot of glue so he wouldnt drop his pick so much.......strange feller he was.

CrashRG

I'm Back Bitches!
Reaction score
i don't know what type of glue it was. insanely sticky stuff, but it wasnt superglue. im pretty sure he wasnt right in the head, but hey, what musicians are?

Demeyes

Reaction score
I always keep a few picks in that small pocket above the normal one in jeans. I can reach that pretty easily. For gigs and practice I normally throw one on top of my amp too which is easy to get to if I need to. I don't recall ever dropping a pick during a gig though.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
I have some of those Dunlop pick holders stuck to the face of the power conditioner in my rack and one on the back of the headstock of my stage guitar.

estabon37

Melodica Attack!
Reaction score
I also use the pick holders, but I've just stuck them of the lower horn on a couple of my 'crappier' guitars. Even though I like guitars that look sexy, at the end of the day they're just tools you use to help you create/perform/fellate(?!)/jam and a pick holder on the front not too far from your hand can get you out of a tricky spot.

Another option is changing picks. Dava have picks with rubber sections that don't slip as easy as plain plastic picks. Other picks just have roughed up "gripping" areas.

Or you could staple your pick to your fingers. :idea:

:barf: Sorry. Felt sick.

S-O

t(-.-t)
Reaction score
You know that little pocket in jeans, the one that is useless, well I have found a use for it, my picks. I have 3-4 jazz III's (ultex, EJ's, or regs) in there.

ilikes2shred

Reaction score
I have a pick holder in the control cavity of one of my guitars (magnetic cavity cover) just for everyday use.

If I was doing lots of gigs and stuff though and dropped my pick a lot, I'd probably just attach one to my pants or something. :p

Ckackley

Reaction score
I've got a mic stand holder that I keep on my pedalboard .. Always have 6 or so Dunlop Jazz 3's for myself and a few .88's for our other guitarist, just in case. I'm overly cautious that way ... :)

chaosxcomplex

Reaction score
My pockets are always full of them, whether im playing or not. as for glue, has anyone used that Gorilla Snot stuff?

Tukaar

Bringer of DOOOOOOOM
Reaction score
I don't really drop mine very often, for I use Dunlop 3.0mm Big Stubbys. :D But just in case, I keep a few in a red plastic cup on top of my head on the floor. (I keep it on the floor to accommodate stage antics on the cabinet(s).)

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I keep the one i'll use in my pocket, and i usually bring my pick container - a sucrets lozenges box - in my guitar's case.

I pick up a pick if i drop it.

heineken_fretwalker

Team Ibanez
Reaction score
I carry mine in my roadcase in a pill bottle. When we actually play though, I have a couple spread out on my cab and a couple in my pocket. I don't drop them onstage very much.