Where the .... is Necrophagist?

• Thread starter Inverted11
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inverted11

Reaction score
Because one can only jam out to Advanced Corpse Tumor so much.

Provide your intel/bum-scoop here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mangle

Breaker
Reaction score
From everything I've read/heard Necrophagist is done. MS is contractually bound under that name to Relapse Records and he is basically refusing to provide anything to them that they can make money off of in any way. Why he's waiting this long to produce something under a different name probably has something to do with courtroom dramatics and corporate lawyers.

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
I heard they were waiting for BRJ guitars to complete their album.

Not being serious at all.

Thorerges

Reaction score
I have long forgotten about that band, they released 2 classics and thats it.

Dawn of the Shred

Member Since 2012
Reaction score
I don't think we will ever see a new negrophagist album. So glad i got to see them live when i had the chance too!

Rosal76

Reaction score
There is a guy who is good friends with Muhammed Suicmez and was able to buy 3 of Muhammed's personal guitars. Either that, or he speced the guitars to look exactly like Muhammed's. This leads me to believe that Muhammed is no longer into music but then again, Kerry King also gives away some of his guitars, so. I was going to give the guy a Email and ask him if he knows what's up with Muhammed but it just never happened. I figure, if he was able to receive 3 of Muhammed's guitars (if they are indeed, Muhammed's), then I would think he would know more about the status of Necrophagist. :cool:

Muhammed, instead of eating so much damn ice cream, maybe you could release a new Necrophagist album. :lol: :squint:

https://www.instagram.com/p/vOoWaoEy7n/?taken-by=archiatrus

https://www.instagram.com/p/vOnPpjEy0C/?taken-by=archiatrus

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
They are doing a double release with Wintersun.

Last bit of info from a member was that he talks to Muhammad every Christmas and basically has no idea whats happening.

CreptorStatus

Reaction score
Back in late 2013 I heard through the grapevine that Muhammad had contacted Luke Jaeger of Sleep Terror for an audition. He auditioned but didn't get the gig mostly due to the fact that he lives in the US. Muhammad went on to recruit someone located in Germany.

Michael_Ten

blergh yas
Reaction score
Their two albums were groundbreaking in the genre, but since then the envelope has been pushed so much further in the extreme that I feel like a 3rd Necrophagist release would be underwhelming to most of their original fan-base, assuming they are 100% faithful to their "sound." They would probably receive even more backlash if they changed their sound to try and be more extreme. I fear, for these guys, it's sort of a damned if you do, damned if you don't kinda thing. Kinda like the new Cryptopsy. It's not bad, not by a long shot. But it's not None So Vile Cryptopsy, or even Once Was Not Cryptopsy, so their original fan-base thinks it's sh*t.

Michael_Ten

blergh yas
Reaction score
Back in late 2013 I heard through the grapevine that Muhammad had contacted Luke Jaeger of Sleep Terror for an audition. He auditioned but didn't get the gig mostly due to the fact that he lives in the US. Muhammad went on to recruit someone located in Germany.

Too bad, Luke Jaeger is a beast.

Pweaks

Reaction score
I have always wondered what Muhammed does besides music, like does he run a business or something. And if I have understood the situation correctly, he can't release anything under the name Necrophagist unless it's released through Relapse?

aesthyrian

Reaction score
Today I learned... that Relapse Records is as uncool as any other label.

Can't wait until Necrophagist can crowd fund this beast and do it their way, for themselves and the fans.

Inverted11

Reaction score
I saw them back in '07. I was THAT GUY that stood in the back completely transfixed on following guitarists' every move. Figured I can headbang at home

Rosal76

Reaction score
I have always wondered what Muhammed does besides music, like does he run a business or something.

Christian Muenzner said that Muhammed has a college degree in engineering. One could assume Muhammed spends his time in that profession but who knows.

Viginez

Reaction score
that all must be false, i think MS is no longer in germany
i heard he lives in california
also luke auditioned long time ago, now they still have saami

Anant Naag

hate frets
Reaction score
Muhammed has Phd in Mechanical engineering before beginning his musical career.

Status
Not open for further replies.