where to buy an used guitar?

Giorgi

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I am not in US so I cannot shop locally and there is almost nothing interesting in my country either. So I am forced to buy guitars online. Guitar center was my go to website buy it seems like they are having a hard time.

How do you think I should shop for used gear? I am looking for Agile Septor 727 with Seymor Ducans or MIJ Ibanez RG7620 specifically.

Thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Giorgi

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Could not find anything there :( I found sub-forum on this website but, sadly, it does not allow me to make posts

Floppystrings

banned
Reaction score
Where do you live?

I know a lot of guitar places are low on stock, with everything, used gear included. You might have to search for months to find what you could have found in a week now. Things are bad. It's a sellers market right now too, prices are higher than they have ever been.

Have you checked out the RG752AHM or RG2027XL? I know they are expensive and probably sold out every where, but that's the world we are in right now. Some other options: ESP E-II Horizon FR-7 is a better buy than a new MIJ Ibanez 7-string IMO. It seems like everything has risen in price about 33%, MOST of my used gear nearly doubled in price since the pandemic.

feilong29

Reaction score
RG7620 is going to be hard to find at reasonable prices, but Reverb is global; I'm living in Japan and have ordered a few guitars from there. Agile (Rondo Music), I don't think they are doing international shipping at this time, but maybe find yourself a Schecter in the same price range.

Giorgi

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
RG7620 is going to be hard to find at reasonable prices, but Reverb is global; I'm living in Japan and have ordered a few guitars from there. Agile (Rondo Music), I don't think they are doing international shipping at this time, but maybe find yourself a Schecter in the same price range.
rondomusic has 0 Septors in stock :( when did you buy that guitar ?

Floppystrings

banned
Reaction score

I would do some research on that guitar before you buy, there used to be a Youtuber named "Drewseph" or something along those lines who I think deleted his channel, and his trussrod broke twice on his 8 string. That always scared me away from Agiles. I believe the brand got popular in the first place by making $350 Les Paul clones, and then later had a bunch of ERG's with EMG's for really low prices, now that Djent has kind of run it's course they seem a bit lost, last time I checked their stock it looked like a mixture of oddballs, 30" scale 6 string with ugly finish, mini guitars, just no real solid product line.

Giorgi

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I saw that guitar on guitarcenter yesterday, started doing research and when I decided to buy it it was no longer there :( I wont be using 8 string in any near future so -1 strings really subtracts tensions from the neck.
I could not find any website for Agile other than rondomucis which barely has anything now

Floppystrings

banned
Reaction score
I wont be using 8 string in any near future so -1 strings really subtracts tensions from the neck.

My RG8 was one of the first Ibanez released, and it has the KTS titanium rods (they don't do that anymore), it's the most solid neck I have ever felt. Trying to bend it by pushing forward does almost nothing. Titanium rods in a sub $500 basic model guitar, Ibanez must have been drunk for offering such a high end feature.

Another vote for Schecter too, solid guitars, sometimes ugly, but solid playing wise. I owned a few Hellraiser 7's, I was pretty surprised at how nice they worked as tools despite their looks.

feilong29

Reaction score

So, I didn't buy an Agile, but since they are Korean-made, a Schecter (which is also usually MIK) just might be a good alternative! IF you want a beast of a guitar, try to locate a Schecter Hellraiser C-7. A pure workhorse of a guitar and can be bought for the price of a new Agile Sceptor 7.

feilong29

Reaction score
My RG8 was one of the first Ibanez released, and it has the KTS titanium rods (they don't do that anymore), it's the most solid neck I have ever felt. Trying to bend it by pushing forward does almost nothing. Titanium rods in a sub $500 basic model guitar, Ibanez must have been drunk for offering such a high end feature.

Another vote for Schecter too, solid guitars, sometimes ugly, but solid playing wise. I owned a few Hellraiser 7's, I was pretty surprised at how nice they worked as tools despite their looks.

Bruh, the Hellraiser C-7 is probably one of my top favorite production guitars. A Jeff Loomis 7 would be the next step up, but he used Hellraisers before he got an endorsement and a sig.

Floppystrings

banned
Reaction score
Bruh, the Hellraiser C-7 is probably one of my top favorite production guitars. A Jeff Loomis 7 would be the next step up, but he used Hellraisers before he got an endorsement and a sig.

I looked forever for the black one he used to play for a long time before settling on a red one. $459 shipped used, and it was so mint I couldn't believe it.

feilong29

Reaction score
I looked forever for the black one he used to play for a long time before settling on a red one. $459 shipped used, and it was so mint I couldn't believe it.

I was able to score a Hellraiser C-7 with the gaudy binding on the side of the body as opposed to the top--very clean and it had a headstock repair. I paid $180 for it and I kept it for about 5 years until I traded for an ATX C-8. If I ever find a deal on a C-7 again, I'm all over it like flies on doo-doo.

Giorgi

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
is 500$ for a fishman fluence hellraiser good deal ? Dont get me wrong but they look ugly as hell

Floppystrings

banned
Reaction score
is 500$ for a fishman fluence hellraiser good deal ? Dont get me wrong but they look ugly as hell

Depends on the condition, if it has original hardware, or any damage that might be something to look in to. The black chrome is famous for wearing off.

Ugly indeed, but you kind of don't care after a while.

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
I would do some research on that guitar before you buy, there used to be a Youtuber named "Drewseph" or something along those lines who I think deleted his channel, and his trussrod broke twice on his 8 string. That always scared me away from Agiles. I believe the brand got popular in the first place by making $350 Les Paul clones, and then later had a bunch of ERG's with EMG's for really low prices, now that Djent has kind of run it's course they seem a bit lost, last time I checked their stock it looked like a mixture of oddballs, 30" scale 6 string with ugly finish, mini guitars, just no real solid product line.
They're getting into (creating) the affordable headless space now.