Where to get Gorgomyte from in EU?

• Thread starter Velokki
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Velokki

GAS station
Reaction score
What happened to Gorgomyte? Or GHS in general? Their custom strings are not orderable from any local partners, either.

Did they go under?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
Not looking good. Maybe they are out of business or in some type of holding pattern.

Velokki

GAS station
Reaction score
Stew Mac sells it, but they’re out of stock at the moment.
1. Stew Mac is USA-based, so would have to hassle with customs etc, which is always a nuisance. Which is why I asked "in EU".
2. Aaand yep, it's out of stock at StewMac, like at every retailer who sells them :D

sonoftheoldnorth

Reaction score
Get this stuff. It's exactly the same. I'm sure I read somewhere that Gorgomyte was just repackaged Miracle Cloth. I have used both and there is no difference.

BearOnGuitar

Reaction score
Thomann says that is has been officially discontinued, fortunately I still have some Gorgomyte left. I will compare it against the Miracle Cloth eventually and report back. I like Gorgomyte a lot with how easy it is to use, but I was never entirely happy with it as it would leave dark residue that would be hard to clean off the fretboard binding, so this might just be the perfect opportunity to look into other products.

BearOnGuitar

Reaction score
The Miracle Cloth can apparently not be shipped to Europe. I'll try out Lizard Spit Ultimate Fret Polishing System next, it seems to be doing a similar thing.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
The Miracle Cloth can apparently not be shipped to Europe. I'll try out Lizard Spit Ultimate Fret Polishing System next, it seems to be doing a similar thing.
Please let us know how it turns out! I'm remiss to hear that there's no more gorgomyte. I've been using the same pack for a decade and I'm almost out!