Which 7?

• Thread starter Colton165
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Colton165

Resident burnout.
Reaction score
ok, i want a 7 for Christmas BUT i want it to have BOTH 24 frets and a good trem.

the budget is like $600-700 tops i think.

i looked at the Ibanez RG7321, good guitar and all, but no tremolo.
then i looked at S7320, had a nice tremolo system, but 22 frets.

I was wondering if i should look at the guitars on eBay, like the Ibanez RG7620 or RG7420, which are both on eBay, the 7620 for $700, and the 7420 for $350 if i remember correctly.

please 7string.org, give me your opinion and help me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

70Seven

Ibanez Foerever!!!
Reaction score
Do you absolutely want a Ibanez? I noticed you only looked at Ibanez so far. Some Schecter have 24 fret, a original floyd and in your price range. If you like Shecter's. I like em.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Well, if you want a NEW guitar then its clear that you will not be getting an Ibanez. If it must be Ibanez, then do you really have a choice but to go used? I just thought about the fact that there are really no options as far as 25.5 scale, 24 fret, tremolo 7 strings within your price range. Id for sure get a Schecter, but you may not be ready for the extended scale. Have them get it from some online store with a trial period so that you can return it within 45 days if you dont like the extended scale of the Schecter C-7s. If it must be Ibanez, you might really like the Ibanez S. Does it really have to be 24 frets? Do you really need the extra two notes? I like 24 frets simply cause Im used to the placement but I dont actually even need more than 22.

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
I'd aim for a used RG1527 ($500-$600). I know some people will think I'm crazy, but I'd take one of those over a UV any day of the week. I love the neck profile, and the Prestige looks. If the Xiphos 7 didn't exist, I would say it's my favorite Ibanez 7.

failshredder

hammer every cock
Reaction score
What's the profile like? I'm thinking I'd like an Ibanez 7 if the neck were round and still thin, but I haven't been able to play a 1527.

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
The 1527 is more C-shaped, but still thin, where the UVs are more D-shaped, if that makes sense. I like it a lot better that way, and if you get one with the small dot inlays, I believe those all have the nice volute too, which is good for extra headstock strength.

buffa d

Reaction score
I haven't played the 1527 but I own a 7620.
It has the best neck profile for a 7 string imo.
It's a bit more C shape than a 7321 as well. It also has better pickups than the rg1527.

I'd say that you should try to find a rg7620 in good condition if you want the best bang for the buck.
Overall it's a very good guitar :hbang:

Colton165

Resident burnout.
Reaction score
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR?
i was actually looking at that, as well as the Jeff Loomis signature (used, of course).

And, no, it doesn't HAVE to be an Ibanez, but my local music store only has Ibanez and Washburn sevens and ONE John Petrucci music man. (too much $)

So, I can only try out Ibanez 7's, and the Washburns (just 2 different kinds though) as the nearest Guitar Center is 65 miles, or an hour and a half worth of driving.

what about a Washburn 7? i tried a WG-587V and liked it! it has 24 frets, 3 pups, and a double locking trem. i just dont know the quality of washburns.

I think the one with the trem and all was around $500 USD? I could be wrong, but if im not mistaken, it was slightly used.

Thanks for the input! Please don't give up on me yet! More help is very much appreciated!

I've got a 1527 going for 600+ shipping with Dimarzios. Or actually, if you preferred, I could even meet you half way. It's 300 miles from where we live- about 25 in gas, then you get to see it in person and have it the day of.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/guitars-for-sale-trade-wanted/70299-rg1527rb.html
I PM'd you about that. Please respond to me, as I am interested.

please respond