which guitar should i get? (ibanez, kiesel, ormsby)

• Thread starter Benadon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Benadon

Reaction score
i have a struggle picking a guitar.
now i live in a place where there are not many guitar shops.
mainly fenders are being offered here, although there is one shop with prs musicman and strandberg.
the strandbergs were just not as good as i wanted them to be, or at least price wise.
prs was just not working for me, could be the way they set up their guitars too.
so i thought getting an ibanez from thomann, probebly either:
Ibanez RGR652AHBF-WK Prestige
Ibanez RGA61AL-IAF
kiesel delos or osiris
ormsby hype gtr 6

i mainly look for stainless steel highly playable guitar
for fusion/jazz and some progmetal. drop c.
so i need a high build quality with great fretwork, i am unsure which route to go for or if there are more options to go for.

Benadon

Reaction score
Ibanez Prestige for me. Had nothing but good times with the Ibanez Prestiges I've owned and it doesn't feel like my arsenal is complete unless I have an Ibby in the line-up.
how the frets are holding up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Ibanez Prestige for me. Had nothing but good times with the Ibanez Prestiges I've owned and it doesn't feel like my arsenal is complete unless I have an Ibby in the line-up.
This is correct.

ikarus

Reaction score
Ibanez Prestige for me too...

Wasn't impressed with the two Ormsbys I had, never had a Kiesel. I had several Ibanez prestige guitars and they were all spot on.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I like Ormsbys and Kiesels, but I vote Prestige here, too. You just can’t go wrong with one. And it’ll hold its value well, too.

Reactions: BTS

Dayn

Reaction score
Not to devalue the other guitars, but Ibanez. Apart from the fact that Prestige models are usually perfect, Ibanez is a global brand. If you ever have troubles, it's much easier to return or source parts for, which given your situation would probably be ideal.

CptnBps

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I only have a lowly Ibanez Premium, but the fretwork is stunning, so I'd go Ibanez too.

BTS

BTS
Reaction score
As others have said, highly unlikely to go wrong with an Ibanez RGR652AHBF-WK Prestige

pfizer

Reaction score
how the frets are holding up?

They're holding up quite well. While the newer AZ Prestiges have SS frets, I'm not sure if the Prestige models you mentioned have them, but it's nothing a luthier can't take of should it come time to have them dressed or replaced.

Benadon

Reaction score
i suppose that ibanez it is!
i can get a good deal on a second hand prestige
Ibanez RG652FX for about 800$ seems like its at great condition.
ibanez it is.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
i suppose that ibanez it is!
i can get a good deal on a second hand prestige
Ibanez RG652FX for about 800$ seems like its at great condition.
ibanez it is.
I own a 652KFX and it's easily one of the best guitars I have played, hands down. Ibanez hit it out of the park with 652's. Fantastic bang for your buck.

Benadon

Reaction score
I own a 652KFX and it's easily one of the best guitars I have played, hands down. Ibanez hit it out of the park with 652's. Fantastic bang for your buck.
I realized with shipping and all it costs way to close to just getting the newer model new, but i am getting a little hyped. Sure wanna get one.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
I realized with shipping and all it costs way to close to just getting the newer model new, but i am getting a little hyped. Sure wanna get one.
Where are you located...in the U.S.?

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
Depends if you want fanned frets or not. I love the Ormsby GTR line and haven't had a bad one. That being said, nobody is wrong here suggesting the Ibanez Prestige. Much easier to deal with regarding pickup swaps and customization. Plus, being a larger international brand you'll have less BS to deal with in a store-less location. Easier to fix problems, etc.

FWIW, I had a Goliath GTR 6 unbolted and mailed out to me in your general neck of the woods, and it took forever to get through local customs. But it made it! And it adjusted easily to the climate without needing major setup and intonation adjustments. I have had an awesome time dealing with Ormsby in general, though I know some haven't. Politeness and reasonable patience yielded good results. If you're not in a restrictive area (geopolitically I mean) and DHL delivers there, they'll get it out to you.