Which solid state head?

• Thread starter phantom911
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
I asked about the Supreme XL on the Peavey forum and someone said that the XL is a scaled down version of the XXL, is this true?

That's exactly what it is. :agreed: Instead of 3 channels, the XL is only 2. That and there's no impedance switch switch on the back.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
...Back to the 8100, so it would be a good idea to snag it for $160 even with a broken reverb that probably didn't even sound that good when it worked, I think I'm on the same page

i'd hit it. the built in reverb isnt great. useable, but not really good. i never used it. i'd say for 160,- you almost cant go wrong.

get it, and a boost. I used to boost mine with the H&K Tubefactor, and - believe it or not -> it sounded like the Powerball hahaha...

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Marshall is putting out an "AVT Tribute" product line. should kick ass.

Marshall Amps :: AVT150HXT

Hmm, didn't realize the AVT Tribute was still in production.
It's essentially an AVT amp rebadged slightly.
Honestly, I'm glad those amps are out of production, they were never worth the price you pay for them IMO.
Hopefully their replacement is a fair bit better.

phantom911

Reaction score
The pics I got for the 8100 looks like is in really good shape even with a broken reverb. So I'm gonna try that out, I'm sure it'll sound way better than my crate gtx15r combo p.o.s.

Thanks for the help

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
is your crate crap, or is it just a practise amp? ;)

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
The pics I got for the 8100 looks like is in really good shape even with a broken reverb. So I'm gonna try that out, I'm sure it'll sound way better than my crate gtx15r combo p.o.s.

Thanks for the help

No doubt man.
I've never been able to get great lead tones from a 8100......it's lacking that 'something' I guess.
But the rhythm tones are fucking amazing:hbang:

Mattnh79

kayke
Reaction score
Randall RG100 or RG80 ES, maybe a century 200/RG200 ES w/ a boost. both have little gain but w/ a boost sound fucking awesome.

Latest posts