Which vintage/standard trems fit FR posts?

• Thread starter Millul
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Millul

Reaction score
So...I'm thinking about building a partscaster: the body I've eyed has FR posts (no routing, as it's a top mount arrangement).
Ideally, I'd like to use a more vintage style, or even standard-strat style trem, mainly because I', lazy AF and cannot care about cutting ball ends or any such nonsense :rolleyes:

Do you guys know of any such bridge that fits directly on FR posts (they're already installed)?

Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Found this:

Considering what you're looking at, it seems like it might be cheaper to just go with a hardtail body, probably even a Charvel one would be cheaper.

Millul

Reaction score
Found this:

Considering what you're looking at, it seems like it might be cheaper to just go with a hardtail body, probably even a Charvel one would be cheaper.

Feral...this might just be the FRIGGIN' BEST LINK EVER!!! Thank you!!!

You might be right about the body, though, I still need to plan things better!

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
It doesn't solve the ball-end cutting "issue".

There are Floyd saddles that have a tube instead of a locking screw and you anchor the strings through the back. But is the cutting really enough of a hassle for all the trouble of a bridge or saddle swap? Don't you cut your string ends off at the tuner anyways?

GuitarBizarre

Listen to physics.
Reaction score
Just string the guitar with the ball ends at the headstock, and trim the strings a little past the bridge instead of the other way round...

Even on a fully floyded guitar, this saves you the hassle of cutting the strings twice anyway.

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
Just string the guitar with the ball ends at the headstock, and trim the strings a little past the bridge instead of the other way round...

Even on a fully floyded guitar, this saves you the hassle of cutting the strings twice anyway.

This.

And if you use D'addario's, it looks cool.