Which would you buy? Jackson MJ Misha So-Cal or EBMM JP6 unloaded?

• Thread starter AkiraSpectrum
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
I've been eyeing two used guitars that are effectively the same price.
Jackson MJ Misha So-Cal and an EBMM JP6 unloaded (no piezo, no shield, maple headstock) from 2015 (blue pearl).

Both guitars have a few small dings but nothing major.
Which would you choose? I'm leaning towards the EBMM at the moment.
I don't have any particular 'requirements' or anything.

Which would you go for?

1714344732520.png1714344778191.png

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
What's a decent price for a 2015 JP6 unloaded in blue pearl?

Thanks. I'm thinking the build quality will probably be higher on the EBMM.
How much are they selling it for? I'm not too familiar with how much they go for in Canada tbh. But I assume if it's the same price as a 2nd hand Jackson MJ, it's a good price.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Misha is cool but I'd probably go for the JP, if it feels good to you.

They're just so fucking good looking.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
The JP frets are kinda small from what I remember and the Jacksons are huge, I think. That would decide it for me.\
Yes, good point. I haven't played a JP6 since like 2012 and that might be a sticky point. Thanks.

Neck profile preference including nut width would determine it for me.
I'm pretty versatile with any neck shape. I haven't played the Jackson Misha SoCal though so I'm not sure what It would be like, but I've played a jp6 a long time ago and I liked it.

Not the Jackson because of the hideous painted headstock and no hard case. My votes the EBMM.
lol true. I admit there is something aesthetically that bugs me about the Jackson and it might be the painted headstock lol.

The Misha is cool but I'd probably go for the JP, if it feels good to you.

They're just so fucking good looking.
Yeah the JP's have their own aesthetic, which I appreciate! I already have a strat so a new shape would be nice.

JP all day
point taken!

AND....... possibly looking at an ESP E-II Eclipse (red sparkle) now too for the same price range.
1714352671389.png

lost_horizon

Reaction score
$1500 USD plus shipping + insurance + paypal fee
You can buy a loaded JP12 today for $1650 usd the unloadeds are quite rare and usually quite low in price.

JP Pro's:
-pickups
-trem
-compensated nut(?)
-noiseless in all positions

Jackson:
-good pickups for a HSS (would the Rag be too loud? I found mine enormously loud)
-does all the stratty things
-not noiseless in all positions
-20 inch radius
-stainless jumbo frets

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
You can buy a loaded JP12 today for $1650 usd the unloadeds are quite rare and usually quite low in price.

JP Pro's:
-pickups
-trem
-compensated nut(?)
-noiseless in all positions

Jackson:
-good pickups for a HSS (would the Rag be too loud? I found mine enormously loud)
-does all the stratty things
-not noiseless in all positions
-20 inch radius
-stainless jumbo frets
Thanks!
In Canada, due to the smaller market, things are on the pricier side. It's hard to find a JP6, even unloaded, for less than $2K USD. And if you find one around that price its early 2000's (nickelfrets, not stainless like this 2015 one).

Right now I'm between the JP6 and the ESP E-II Eclipse. Very torn, lol.

lost_horizon

Reaction score
Thanks!
In Canada, due to the smaller market, things are on the pricier side. It's hard to find a JP6, even unloaded, for less than $2K USD. And if you find one around that price its early 2000's (nickelfrets, not stainless like this 2015 one).

Right now I'm between the JP6 and the ESP E-II Eclipse. Very torn, lol.
I think you wanna play them both but for me JP6 15 inch radius, 24 frets plus the resale looks mighty good.

Eclipse 12 inch radius, 22 frets, but nice apart from that. Love the ebony fretboard.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
I think you wanna play them both but for me JP6 15 inch radius, 24 frets plus the resale looks mighty good.

Eclipse 12 inch radius, 22 frets, but nice apart from that. Love the ebony fretboard.
Yeah, I wont be able to play either. I have played ESP E-II eclipses a long time ago and I own an LTD EC-1000 (which I'd sell if I got the E-II). JP6 I played a VERY long time ago.

Hmm, I guess I'm looking for what, in general, would have the highest build-quality and feel the most premium?

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
"Feel the most premium" is pretty subjective. What feels "premium" to me might not be the same for you. The EBMM stans in here (including me lol) will say it's the best of the three. But I've heard good things about the MJ Jacksons. And E-IIs are almost always really solid in my experience. They're also three very different guitars.

It seems like you just Want A New Guitar, and there's nothing wrong with that, but there's no objective best choice here. So just pick whatever you think looks cool and have fun with it.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
I haven’t played a JP since way before the majesty came out, but I remember the ones I did play being pretty awesome.

Never played the SoCal but the cheaper ones in GC feel pretty good.

I did recently play an EII eclipse though. Same model, but sparkle blue instead of red. It was fantastic. Great setup even on the demo floor, smooth frets and it definitely felt/sounded like a high end guitar. If I had the cash, I definitely would have grabbed it. It was about $2k iirc.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Yes, good point. I haven't played a JP6 since like 2012 and that might be a sticky point. Thanks.

I'm pretty versatile with any neck shape. I haven't played the Jackson Misha SoCal though so I'm not sure what It would be like, but I've played a jp6 a long time ago and I liked it.

lol true. I admit there is something aesthetically that bugs me about the Jackson and it might be the painted headstock lol.

Yeah the JP's have their own aesthetic, which I appreciate! I already have a strat so a new shape would be nice.

point taken!

AND....... possibly looking at an ESP E-II Eclipse (red sparkle) now too for the same price range.
View attachment 142786
I change my pick. Go for this lol

Latest posts