Which would you buy? Jackson MJ Misha So-Cal or EBMM JP6 unloaded?

• Thread starter AkiraSpectrum
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
I agree

Jackson and E-II are not in the same league as EBMM. Close but there is a difference.
Thanks for your input!

I have one of those Jackson socals, its a very nice strat. Nothing special imo, but the modern appointments are nice. The ragnarock isnt for me, but does redeem itself when split with position 2.
The neck is comfy and all the hardware is solid. If youre looking for something more modern, id go JP. If you want the HSS or something that blends the more trad look with modern appointments, go Jackson.
Why choose though? get both and sell the one you dont like after a few months.
thanks!
Yeah I have a good strat and have that vibe covered.
I’m leaning to the JP6 but the EII Eclipse looks great too.

Getting both would be great but don’t have that much money and selling guitars in my area isn’t that great.

1 - Get the JP6
2 - Sell it
3 - Get something else :lol:
Haha I know that cycle very well!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
I've had both. Personally, I will take the Misha.
Cool thanks! It does look solid

Either the Misha or the Eclipse. Probably the Eclipse, but that's purely personal cause I've already got a nice Strat I enjoy. Either way, I like the larger frets and slimmer necks, personally.
Awesome thanks!

@AkiraSpectrum I had that Eclipse and while it was fantastic, the upper fret access was not. They are reachable but it takes a bit more effort. If that is not an issue for you, then you will be more than happy with it.

I loved that guitar dearly, but I picked up an explorer, and my self-imposed rule is to only have one guitar with less-than-stellar fret access at a time.

Good luck with your acquisition!
Thank you!
Yeah upper fret access doesn’t bother me much!
I assume it’s about the same access as my LTD EC-1000 and that’s plenty good for me!

None of them.
If you doubt about three totally different guitars, you didn’t fix what you want (need?)!
Take the three guitars or none!

Weight and balance, shape of the body, shape for the forearm, pickups, woods, trem, frets, high fret access…

Save your money !
Thanks for your input.

I would go JP6 over an E-II, or the Misha. I could be wrong, but since it has the updated bridge, it probably has SS frets. EBMM uses Med-Jumbo, at least for SS from what I googled. My JP7 SS frets feel almost the exact size of my other guitar with Jescar 57110.

Also, unloaded JPs (with the updated bridge/SS frets) are getting rarer, and they are the far better model, imo.
Yeah the 2015 will have SS frets which is a plus!

Furtive Glance

Unfamiliar with the type of thing I’m seeing.
Reaction score
I have both an E-II Eclipse and a pair of JP6eseseses.

$1,500 USD is painful for an unloaded JP. I used to live in Canada so I know how it is. I think you should just creep kijiji, Craigslist, and Reverb. My vote is the JP6. My eclipse is purely a caveman chug machine. I don’t really play anything above 14th fret with it lol. Just has that vibe.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score

$1,500 USD is painful for an unloaded JP. I used to live in Canada so I know how it is. I think you should just creep kijiji, Craigslist, and Reverb. My vote is the JP6. My eclipse is purely a caveman chug machine. I don’t really play anything above 14th fret with it lol. Just has that vibe.

Yeah, I haven't seen an EBMM JP model go for under $2K Canadian unless its a pre-2012 model and even then its rare. I'm on kijiji and reverb all the time but in Canada these days prices are outrageous, especially on the used market. $2K CAD for a 2015 unloaded is actually extremely rare from what I've seen in the last 4-5 years or so. Even used JP's that go into L&M stores that I've seen are around $3K CAD. It sucks.

LOL, who goes above the 14/15th frets anyways? Not me, lol.

Unless something comes up I think I'm going to grab the JP6 tomorrow.

I'm just saying but the world needs more sparkly guitars.
I agree!
However, I am likely going to grab the JP6 tomorrow though.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score

Hmm, maybe I spoke too soon. Just came across a white jp6 with piezo for $2K, lol. Can't say I'm the biggest fan of white though, but we'll see if the seller responds.

Last edited:

vark

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not sure if you saw these yet

All have SS frets

Last edited:

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Not sure if you saw these yet

All have SS frets
Nice!
Yeah those on reverb don't seem to ship to Canada and if they did i'd be paying a lot in shipping, taxes, and customs fees.
The GC options look amazing but they don't ship to Canada, and they're over $3K not including tax, shipping and customs.

I just came across a white fully loaded jp6 from 2012 for $2K CAD (1.5K USD) but it must have been finished early in the year because the seller showed me pics and the frets have massive divots and the overall condition of the instrument is pretty poor.

Hmm. Yeah I'm second guessing things now, lol. I feel like I should just take a trip to the USA this summer and find a Guitar Center with a used JP model... those JP15's are super sexy.

vark

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Nice!
Yeah those on reverb don't seem to ship to Canada and if they did i'd be paying a lot in shipping, taxes, and customs fees.
The GC options look amazing but they don't ship to Canada, and they're over $3K not including tax, shipping and customs.

I just came across a white fully loaded jp6 from 2012 for $2K CAD (1.5K USD) but it must have been finished early in the year because the seller showed me pics and the frets have massive divots and the overall condition of the instrument is pretty poor.

Hmm. Yeah I'm second guessing things now, lol. I feel like I should just take a trip to the USA this summer and find a Guitar Center with a used JP model... those JP15's are super sexy.
Oh yes I forgot that your in Canada. Would it be possible for you to have a friend/family in USA buy it from GC/Reverb etc and then ship to you and you pay them?

Trip to US not a bad idea either, would be a cool experience if you can wait to have the guitar. +1 for the JP15 and just EBMM in general but especially the JP sigs, Majesty 7 is still up there for one of the easiest playing guitars I've tried so far.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Oh yes I forgot that your in Canada. Would it be possible for you to have a friend/family in USA buy it from GC/Reverb etc and then ship to you and you pay them?

Trip to US not a bad idea either, would be a cool experience if you can wait to have the guitar. +1 for the JP15 and just EBMM in general but especially the JP sigs, Majesty 7 is still up there for one of the easiest playing guitars I've tried so far.

Don't have any family in the USA that I'm close enough with unfortunately.
I still may go for the Blue Pearl unloaded JP6. I don't really care to have the piezo. Only downside for me is that I wish it had the shield inlays, lol. Will have to sleep on it.

vark

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Don't have any family in the USA that I'm close enough with unfortunately.
I still may go for the Blue Pearl unloaded JP6. I don't really care to have the piezo. Only downside for me is that I wish it had the shield inlays, lol. Will have to sleep on it.
The no piezo is not necessarily a dealbreaker IMO, you can still always just use an acoustic or modeling to achieve a similar sound. The piezo tones blended with the pickups are very unique, personal preference how important that sound is to you. I agree sleeping on it should lead you to the answer.

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
Id take the JP all day every day. They just can't be beat. Of all the guitars Ive owned over the years (maybe 50 or so?) the JPs are the only ones I keep finding myself wanting to come back to over and over. They are masterpieces of guitar design and engineering imo

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice!

You’ll still pay HST on your way home unless you are there long enough for the x spent to go up (4 or 7 days?). Not worth getting flagged or banned for a period over a guitar imo.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
The no piezo is not necessarily a dealbreaker IMO, you can still always just use an acoustic or modeling to achieve a similar sound. The piezo tones blended with the pickups are very unique, personal preference how important that sound is to you. I agree sleeping on it should lead you to the answer.
Agreed!
You’ll still pay HST on your way home unless you are there long enough for the x spent to go up (4 or 7 days?). Not worth getting flagged or banned for a period over a guitar imo.
Definitely, thanks for the reminder!

Id take the JP all day every day. They just can't be beat. Of all the guitars Ive owned over the years (maybe 50 or so?) the JPs are the only ones I keep finding myself wanting to come back to over and over. They are masterpieces of guitar design and engineering imo
Awesome thanks!

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
another guitar entered the mix:
PRS CE24 in Angry Larry finish.

Even so, after a lot of back & forth I decided to go with the 2015 EBMM JP6 unloaded because it would be the most different from the other guitars in my collection. Just awaiting for its arrival in the mail now!

Latest posts