Who is the most brutal death metal band...

• Thread starter marcus2k22
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I don't know a lot about them, but check out Mental Cruelty. Terrible name, but I dig the music. I don't think there's any misogeny in the lyrics (at least not the tunes I've heard). I only just discovered them because I saw a cover of one of their tunes. Great riffs, too!

B.M.F.

Blasphemy Made Flesh
Contributor
Reaction score
So I finally remembered what bands I was going to bring up. Not as heavy as my next mention however, Soils Of Fate from Sweden are brutal death (some say slam, whatever, all the same big DM family) with lyrics about (literally) crack, organized crime, urban strife, gang life etc.
Good high quality stuff. "Crime Syndicate" was their best but the first album was really ripping too. They have an interesting way of changing up their b.d.m with extremely fast thrash-like breaks. And they put a new one out in 2014 last with the same themes.

Interesting thread OP although I admit that style of content is not that big of a turn off however, it's so generic, that chances are the music will itself be derivative and offer nothing new... that's what really irks me about most new DM. That and everyone having the same production and sometimes lack of songwriting or imagination.
For example and I believe someone mentioned previously, Disgorge did it to perfection on She Lay Gutted. That kind of gore style. Highly sophisticated.

And this is Brodequin from Tennessee, one of my all time favorites, as far as I know the lyrics for the first two albums (the ones I know inside and out) were all about medieval torture methods. They tune to B standard.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
This is where I always get thrown off. Too many microgenres that are too poorly defined. What makes death metal brutal versus tech? I always thought what defined brutal death metal was the lyrics being over-the-top gory. Versus the other side of 90's death metal that moved away from gore and more toward technical stuff. But maybe what's technical to me is child's play to you. IDK.

But also some of the bands I thought were death metal are actually some sort of -core or -grind or whatever. :shrug:

Demiurge

Reaction score
This is where I always get thrown off. Too many microgenres that are too poorly defined.

It's clearly a good deed through-and-through to make tedious subgenre yammering accessible to those otherwise turned-off by gore and misogyny.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
From the first few bars of Revelations XVIII you're just immersed in brutality. Such a ripper of a song

MYGFH

Music your GF hates
Reaction score
Great posts! 2 of my go-to's are that haven't been listed yet...
Immolation
Laethora

Man at Elevator: "Must be some cockroach...???"
Peter Venkman: "Bite your head off, man."

marcus2k22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If you like Gorgasm check this:

- Peshmerga (ex-Gorgasm members):

- Human Filleted (more ex-Gorgasm members):

- Disavowed (Gorgasm like):

Human Filleted has EXACTLY the lyrics I said I do not want. Disqualified.

Peshmerga has them in most of their songs as well. Also disqualified.

Only Disavowed makes the grade in terms of avoiding the rape/misogyny/sexually sadistic lyrics.

marcus2k22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So I finally remembered what bands I was going to bring up. Not as heavy as my next mention however, Soils Of Fate from Sweden are brutal death (some say slam, whatever, all the same big DM family) with lyrics about (literally) crack, organized crime, urban strife, gang life etc.
Good high quality stuff. "Crime Syndicate" was their best but the first album was really ripping too. They have an interesting way of changing up their b.d.m with extremely fast thrash-like breaks. And they put a new one out in 2014 last with the same themes.

Interesting thread OP although I admit that style of content is not that big of a turn off however, it's so generic, that chances are the music will itself be derivative and offer nothing new... that's what really irks me about most new DM. That and everyone having the same production and sometimes lack of songwriting or imagination.
For example and I believe someone mentioned previously, Disgorge did it to perfection on She Lay Gutted. That kind of gore style. Highly sophisticated.

Here are the lyrics on that Disgorge albums...

Womb Full of Scabs
Infected carcass
Esophagus full of pus
Entrails remain
As I watch you bleed on

Blistering fetus
Womb full of scabs
Regurgitate the placenta

Rotted flesh I eat
As I fuck a bloody stump
Limbless you lie cold
I form an erection

I crave rotting maggots
Bodies mangled
Lying on me
Mutilated

Infected carcass
Esophagus full of pus
Entrails remain as I watch you bleed on

I crave rotting maggots

False Conception
False false false
Conception

False conception immaculate lie
Impaling her flesh with every stab
Bleeding I remove all from within

Choking on her own blood praying
For help her breathing
Is constricted I rip the fetus
From her own womb
Cutting the umbilical cord placing it
In her rectum
Hanging inverted she watches
Her unborn be decapitated

Desecrating her eyes roll back
Losing all bodily fluids
I devour the discharge
Burnt in effigy

Forgotten hatred still remains, deceiving lies
Embedded within internal suffering inflicts

Choking on her own blood praying
For help burnt in effigy
Screaming
False religion falls
As I stab upward
To desecrate this virgin
Bearing a child I behead
Laying in her own entrails
Praying for help as she chokes
On her feces

Jesus bow to me
Rip the fetus from the womb
Cut the life cord
Place it in the rectum
As she hangs inverted
Losing all body fluids
Devour the discharge
Arouse my erection
Fill her bloody orifice

False conception

Choking on her own blood
Breathing is constricted
I rip the fetus from her womb
Cut her cord

False conception immaculate lie
Impaling her flesh with every stab
Bleeding I remove all from within

She Lay Gutted
Mutilated entrails, rot as I disgorge

Ejaculate the mutilation, severed heads
Bleed on me as I eat the rotting corpse corpse corpse

Organ by a mangled body, as I regurgitate
I become infested...she lay gutted

Violent discharge, from the rectum
Carving pelvises from a woman

Ripping-vaginal skin, ripping-reproductive cords
Ripping-sodomize her

Mutilated entrails, rot as I disgorge

She lay gutted gutted, she lay gutted gutted

Organ by a mangled body, as I regurgitate
I become infested rotting rot as I disgorge

She lay gutted...

Violent discharge, from the rectum, carving
Pelvises from a woman
Ripping vaginal skin ripping vaginal skin
She lay gutted [x5]

I am sorry, but this band is disqualified completely. Can you please suggest a band who sounds like them, but have zero songs with misogyny/rape lyrics, as a substitute?

marcus2k22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Time for you to make your own band, bro.

Like I said in another post here, if I could do death growls well, or play any musical instrument if my life depended on it, I'd probably have formed a brutal death metal band who was completely devoid of misogyny/rape lyrics. And would have probably put out some albums by now. Perhaps I'd steal some of the riffs some of the other bands write and come up with some lyrics that were devoid of misogyny/rape/violence against women. But alas, I can't growl well, and I can't play any musical instrument well at all.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
Like I said in another post here, if I could do death growls well, or play any musical instrument if my life depended on it, I'd probably have formed a brutal death metal band who was completely devoid of misogyny/rape lyrics. And would have probably put out some albums by now. Perhaps I'd steal some of the riffs some of the other bands write and come up with some lyrics that were devoid of misogyny/rape/violence against women. But alas, I can't growl well, and I can't play any musical instrument well at all.

I guess either you start learning to growl well, and assemble a band, or start practicing. Since you know the kind of music you want to play it’s a lot easier to streamline your learning.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
Troll alert.

"I like strawberry ice cream - but without strawberry!". "Horror movies are nice, but i would wish they all just hugged and kissed more - they should all be friends.".

Are you part of a new woke movement, cleansing "death" metal for death?

:roflmao:

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
I don't listen to much brutal DM, and I never listen to tech-death or deathcore. I wasn't aware that lyrics about rape and otherwise misogynistic crap was so widespread in that corner of the metal scene that people actually discuss it on the internet. Damn, son.

I'll go back to my 90's black metal which hates everyone equally.