Who's going to Download 09?

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I like Architects old stuff but I haven't bothered with their new stuff. I caught them live last year and they were so arrogant on stage... just really put me off. bands with egos FTL :noway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dan

Reaction score
yup. im there, lots of good bands this year. id reccomend you check out sylosis...

just shit hot, only way i can describe them!

I take it as this is going to be a 'whos coming to my tent on the thursday to get wasted 7string.org style thread then :p'

Offers open guys, as per usual i shall be the dude with the barbie princess tent for the beer. youll see me a mile off haha

M A R K

Reaction score
yup. im there, lots of good bands this year. id reccomend you check out sylosis...

I take it as this is going to be a 'whos coming to my tent on the thursday to get wasted 7string.org style thread then :p'

Offers open guys, as per usual i shall be the dude with the barbie princess tent for the beer. youll see me a mile off haha

Should do a meet anyway :drew:

Thin_Ice_77

You'll never make it
Reaction score
I'm a big Architects fan, I like Hollow Crown, I really like the stuff they did for Nightmares though, I think the re-recorded version of To The Death was outstanding.
Hollow Crown is actually my favourite album so far. I like how it's concentrated more on the melodic side of things rather than making it really techy. The singing bits work well and in some parts I reckon it's more brutal than they've ever been. I heard that Dead March and a couple of parts of Early Grave were actually played in G# or something, unusual for them.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score

Sylosis have finally announced then!

they told me last month and told me not to tell anyone, I was getting sick of holding my tongue!

I'll be backstage then ;)

M A R K

Reaction score
Hollow Crown is actually my favourite album so far. I like how it's concentrated more on the melodic side of things rather than making it really techy. The singing bits work well and in some parts I reckon it's more brutal than they've ever been. I heard that Dead March and a couple of parts of Early Grave were actually played in G# or something, unusual for them.

Yeah I agree with that, they work the melodic parts really well and they always fit perfectly into the songs. Yeah seems really low and in one of their studio videos on YouTube, when they're recording Dead March they're using an LTD SC, so it's definitely quite low

Dan

Reaction score
yeah weve spoken a few times, i was going to buy his alexi off him, but in the end i went out and bought the custom shop :p

be good to meet up with you though dude, ill make sure i bring a load of cheap ass acoustics.. nothing like baddass festival shred!

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
yeah his Alexi was well nice to play man, a pure shred guitar for sure.

yeah man boats shall be sunk :hungus:

hmmm_de_hum

Reaction score
Im going, got my ticket yesterday, student loan ftw i do believe.

Architects, DT, Meshuggah, Korn, Opeth, God Forbid......oh and biggin up the Bizkit :lol:

But to put Meshuggah on the tuborg stage? surely thats just as dangerous as when they had Korn on second stage in 07?

noodleplugerine

Reaction score
Im going, got my ticket yesterday, student loan ftw i do believe.

Architects, DT, Meshuggah, Korn, Opeth, God Forbid......oh and biggin up the Bizkit :lol:

But to put Meshuggah on the tuborg stage? surely thats just as dangerous as when they had Korn on second stage in 07?

DEP On Gibson stage last time, was sweet. Trust me, you want the best bands on the smallest stages.

hmmm_de_hum

Reaction score
Not when we had to get a friend of mine out of the crowd and straight to the medical tent :lol:

Either way it should be good, oh and +1 to seeing bands on smaller stages, it is good when its not hideously overcrowded.