Why are you happy right now?

Reaction score
After over 20 years of playing I finally found the guitar tone that has been in my head from the start. It started a few days ago and after some tweaking and playing a guitar tuned to drop C sharp, I finally found it. I legit can't put into words how I feel.

It sounds like I'm making a big deal out of nothing but as someone who got into music as a way of trying to express difficult feelings and thoughts that I couldn't convey to others into some sort of audio form as means of finally being understood, being able to actually hear a sound that's been in my head and know it actually exists now in the real world is amazing. I honestly haven't felt this satisfied with music since I was a kid.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
After over 20 years of playing I finally found the guitar tone that has been in my head from the start. It started a few days ago and after some tweaking and playing a guitar tuned to drop C sharp, I finally found it. I legit can't put into words how I feel.

It sounds like I'm making a big deal out of nothing but as someone who got into music as a way of trying to express difficult feelings and thoughts that I couldn't convey to others into some sort of audio form as means of finally being understood, being able to actually hear a sound that's been in my head and know it actually exists now in the real world is amazing. I honestly haven't felt this satisfied with music since I was a kid.
That's a great feeling.

My goal has always been recorded tone that fit my mental aural image of perfection. I got it once. Then I had to move some stuff around and I've never found it again. Time machines come along, and stop #2 is is going back to the day I moved stuff and stopping it from happening. Stop #1 is going back to twenty something me and beating the shit out of myself the day I agreed to go on a date with the she beast from all the hells who tore my world apart.

Stop #3 will be to go visit my teenage self and tell him: Live it up, dorkbomb. It all slows down as you age. Then I might beat the shit out of him just for the hell of it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I'm just glad the weekend is coming, and I've got some decompression days on the way. It's been a really frustrating week between work things and music things and family things and I'm looking forward to turning my brain off for two days. Maybe also turning my phone off.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
So I've got two cars, one looks really crappy but drives well, and one is nicer but needs about $2500 bucks worth of work.

Had an interesting event happen where a dump truck ripped the front bumper off of the crappy looking car, leaving it looking crappier but driving fine. Insurance paid me out $2700 cash, so looks like Im fixing my nicer car and getting a delay pedal :lol:

Crappy car looks crappier but nicer car will be fixed and pocket $200, I think I can handle that 🙂.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
So I've got two cars, one looks really crappy but drives well, and one is nicer but needs about $2500 bucks worth of work.

Had an interesting event happen where a dump truck ripped the front bumper off of the crappy looking car, leaving it looking crappier but driving fine. Insurance paid me out $2700 cash, so looks like Im fixing my nicer car and getting a delay pedal :lol:

Crappy car looks crappier but nicer car will be fixed and pocket $200, I think I can handle that 🙂.
God bless dump trucks. The real question though, is what delay are you getting?

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
God bless dump trucks. The real question though, is what delay are you getting?
I was actually hoping you could tell me what I'm getting. :lol:

I'm looking for washy, ambient, colored/possibly modulated stupid sounding stuff to put in the front end of my amp.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
I was actually hoping you could tell me what I'm getting. :lol:

I'm looking for washy, ambient, colored/possibly modulated stupid sounding stuff to put in the front end of my amp.
Check out the EQD Disaster Transport. I used one for a while in a post metal band and it added so much character even with very subtle settings that it became a tone-defining "always on" pedal. The Avalanche Run seems cool too but I've never played with one. Afterneath is a reverb, but always gets a vote from me. I adore mine.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Installed the memory upgrade in my ex-work laptop, and discovered it's been running off a single DIMM for the entire time I've used it as a work laptop. Huh.

Slight speed improvement once I jumped through all the security hoops to get the new memory recognized. Yay, better system than I thought, which was already pretty good.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Accidentally figured out what was slowly eating my hard drive space. Chrome stopped working so I deleted all the cookies and caches and whatnot and ended up freeing 3,5 gigs of space. :D

Also, the problem was actually with an adblocker so when I disabled everything was fine but living without an adblocker is pure hell so I just deleted it and reinstalled and now everything works fine.

Last edited: