Will this work?

wolfman109h

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I've got a little but yet annoying problem with my axe fx. I've got it connected to my Interface (Fast Track C400) which goes directly into the pc. I experience a little buzz/hum which affects my recordings. There's a little "peep" noise aswell. Since my brother had the same issue with his monitors and fixes it with the behringer hum destroyer I asked myself if it could work for me.

the chain would be like this
Axe FX Output -> Behringer Hum destroyer -> Interface

I switched the ground lift on the axe fx and it minimized the noise, so I think the main problem is in the interface, which needs a ground lift imo.

Please let me know if it works, I really don't want to damage anything before trying.

Best regards
Flavio :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HOKENSTYFE

HeartWyrm
Reaction score
Are you sure your Interface is doing it's job, and not making your PC work harder? I don't see how the Axe/Fx is being the issue. Depending on your Interface, DAW & PC. You could be making one work harder than it needs to.

Also, you got expensive equipment but, if you're using cheap cables, you might want to look into those.

wolfman109h

Reaction score
Are you sure your Interface is doing it's job, and not making your PC work harder? I don't see how the Axe/Fx is being the issue. Depending on your Interface, DAW & PC. You could be making one work harder than it needs to.

Also, you got expensive equipment but, if you're using cheap cables, you might want to look into those.

The cables aren't cheap cables. I looked into buying high quality ones. I don't think the issue is in the axe fx neither. What do you mean by making one work harder than the other?

Thx for your help

HOKENSTYFE

HeartWyrm
Reaction score
Buffering. Give your DAW more access to your interface, so your PC isn't trying to perform too high. Now I'm not saying this is the issue but, take a step-by-step approach before you start buying stuff.

Also, a DI box and an added compressor would help as well.

wolfman109h

Reaction score
Buffering. Give your DAW more access to your interface, so your PC isn't trying to perform too high. Now I'm not saying this is the issue but, take a step-by-step approach before you start buying stuff.

Also, a DI box and an added compressor would help as well.

alright gonna give it a try.
The behringer Hum destroyer is kind of a DI Box.. I heard.. I've got one at home, but I don't want to try and damage anything.. How would you hook up the DI Box?

Thx again for your help!!!!! I really apprecieate it!

Given To Fly

Reaction score
This probably doesn't matter but plugging an AxeFX into a Fast Track C400 seems rather lopsided. The AxeFX is THE top of the line preamp/processor and the Fast Track is Avid's budget interface. I'm not knocking the interface but compared to your other gear, it sounds like it could be the weak link in your signal chain.

HOKENSTYFE

HeartWyrm
Reaction score
Your initial chain is the way to go. Guitar-Axe/Fx-DI-Interface. The DI can take the place of an amp, as well.

Make sure your bit-rate/latency/buffering is low.