Wintersun's Groundhog's Day Thread

• Thread starter jvms
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Gaming industry might be the biggest one, and there are kickstarters which are counted in tens of millions.
It's not like crowdfunding music is novel - lots of people have done that before too. The novel part, the new part, the sketchy part, is that this is an album that was already done before asking for money, supposedly. It's a product decades in the making, for which the choice of crowdfunding is awkward and unnecessary.

Also - again - I've got some game industry knowledge - they're the last place anyone should look for advice on how to produce a viable product without stepping on the interests of their own consumers, or workers, or even their own interests, etc etc. Kickstarted games have whole youtube series' dedicated to their failures and problems.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BenSolace

Divine Solace
Reaction score
Also - again - I've got some game industry knowledge - they're the last place anyone should look for advice on how to produce a viable product without stepping on the interests of their own consumers, or workers, or even their own interests, etc etc. Kickstarted games have whole youtube series' dedicated to their failures and problems.
*cough* Dead Matter *cough*

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
If somebody doesn't pay my bills and they don't cook my dinner I don't see how it matters when they are wrong about anything. Maybe you guys could straighten out my GF on how milk and chopped ice is not a milkshake, and we can afford the real thing.

lattjeful

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Screenshot 2024-02-01 130123.png

200w.gif

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
In a way anyone who bought Time 1 has already paid for Time 2. It was only half an album which people paid full price for so this is just the patch adding back in the missing tracks.

Was just listening to the self titled again and can we just have "Self-titled II" instead? Time is so boring.

A lot of the ST was wrote while Jari was still in Ensiferum so tracks like Beyond the Dark Sun and Winter Madness have a lot of that intense folk metal energy compared to the slower heavier songs like Death and the Healing and Beautiful Death. Time leaned way more into the Symphonic elements with hundreds of layers, losing the power metal sound in the process and many having a bloated run time. There are lots of great parts that would shine more with some editing.

Metropolis

Reaction score
View attachment 137948

Got him!
Metropolis = Jari confirmed

We got a discussion about the subject in their patreon forum few days before... and maybe Jari took the advice from there. And first update about changing the term to "pre-order" was just on january 15th. So... you're wrong again, what a suprise.

22 days ago was january 13th.

ws_patreon_forum.png

Hey Metropolis, you suck at guitar! Lol.

If I'm Jari, do I suck at guitar then? :lol: