Wintersun's Groundhog's Day Thread

• Thread starter jvms
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I don't think that is Kristian. He [Kride] is a the CEO of a health business so he's basically done with music.

I know he's a CEO these days and that's why I wondered what he might have to do with Wintersun. But yeah it's definitely an old pic so could be whoever :lol:

KailM

Reaction score
It’s pathological the way Jari sets himself up for the shitstorm that’s about to unfold.

He could drop a new Wintersun album next month that surpasses the first album by leaps and bounds—but it’ll get torn to shreds anyway because of how much he overhypes everything.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BenSolace

Divine Solace
Reaction score
I know he's a CEO these days and that's why I wondered what he might have to do with Wintersun. But yeah it's definitely an old pic so could be whoever :lol:
I'm pretty sure I remember this photo from the old wintermadness.net around the Time sessions (before it was time I and II). I wanna say 2007 ish?

Last edited:

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I remember this photo from the old wintermadness.net around the Time sessions (before it was time I and II). I wanna say 2007 ish?

Yeah and I realized it probably actually is Jukka, I just didn't recognize him without the beard and hair hidden :lol:

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
It’s pathological the way Jari sets himself up for the shitstorm that’s about to unfold.
It really does seem to be actually pathological. Having my own mental issues these days, it's not something I want to poke fun at right now, but.

Either he's still got nothing "real", as in nothing the people really want from him (which would be just more music, really, at this point), and he's still in that loop of just hyping up a bunch of nothing just to stay in people's minds, hoping to get more money thrown at him. In this scenario, he's just an asshole.

Or, he's actually got something, and he just lacks a LOT of social basic skills. Because as it's been said, by this point in the Wintersun saga, if he FINALLY delivered just anything right now there's a way to do it, and that's not it. You don't hype up "finally doing your job" after almost 18 years of dicking around lol

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
I think this means Jari has finished first percentage of Time 2 and wants to celebrate this milestone.
"After all these years, it's finally done. The first low power chord chug with a tone majestic enough to be featured on Time II has been recorded. It took years of scamming people for money, waiting for custom guitars to be made from that money, and going through guitar tone samples with said guitars to get there, but we're finally here. Time II is scheduled to be released in 2032."

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
"After all these years, it's finally done. The first low power chord chug with a tone majestic enough to be featured on Time II has been recorded. It took years of scamming people for money, waiting for custom guitars to be made from that money, and going through guitar tone samples with said guitars to get there, but we're finally here. Time II is scheduled to be released in 2032."

Wouldn't surprise me at all tbh. But I don't expect the "news" to have anything to do with Time II. It's more likely to be a 20th anniversary version of the s/t album or something.

Velokki

GAS station
Reaction score
WINTERSUN ALBUM UPDATE - BIGGEST WINTERSUN NEWS
TIME II = 100% DONE. Enough said.
"This album has been the biggest challenge in my life and I'm still kinda surprised it is finally done." - Jari
“The day finally came: TIME II is done!! Couldn’t be happier!” - Jukka
"I thought this day would never arrive and when Jari sent me a message that TIME II was ready I still couldn’t understand that we were finally done after all the obstacles and challenges. I am more than happy now. Cheers!" - Kai
"Whoa, I think Jari surprised us all! I’m happy that after all these years the album is finally ready!" - Teemu
Next week a little bit more information about the album release plans... Stay tuned!

So it seems Time 2 will finally be released. I'll definitely give it a listen when it lands.

It will probably have a 3 year hype campaign before release and microtransactions integrated to the listening experience!

Antiproduct

Reaction score
Very nice, even though I don't listen to much Wintersun since Time I, I will definitely listen to Time II.
I wonder why he decided to finish it even though his studio/Wintersun HQ isn't ready and if that means that he will release music more frequently in the future now.

KailM

Reaction score
For a second, I got excited. Then I remembered who we’re talking about.

gnoll

Reaction score
I guess it better be reeeeally good. Well, let's hear it then! Blow our minds!