Workout Playlists!

• Thread starter Jazzercize
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jazzercize

Reaction score
So I've been on a solid workout routine since december. I listen to music throughout my 2 hr workout, 5-6 days a week. If you do the math you can guess I'm pretty bored with my playlists by now. What music do you play when you workout to get you pumped and excited to workout? I personally prefer music with lots of energy, aggressive, and with a high tempo. I listen to BDM, acacia strain, structures, periphery, veil of maya (lol), and a lot of others. Can you recommend me some solid pump action music for my workouts?
:bowdown:

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
One band in particular helped me shave 2 minutes off my mile time. Guns N' Roses!
EDIT: Specifically Appetite for Destruction and Use Your Illusion I ( none of the slower songs).

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
Guns N' Roses.
Steel Panther. (if you can keep from laughing your ass off)
Black Label Society.

I tend to stay away from really heavy stuff when working out. I like good ol' party / biker metal. Makes me feel like a badass and fucking bulletproof (as if being badass wasn't enough :cool:)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
+1 to Steel Panther. There's nothing like bench pressing to " I want your tits" :lol:

bandinaboy

SS.org Unsui
Reaction score
I just recently made a new work out play list myself. basically just metal core that doesnt have slow parts, like select few:
August burns red
Veil of maya
circle of contempt
structures
but only songs that dont slow down and keep a good pace the whole time.
Surprisingly almost the whole Fellsilent album works, but my favorite work out song for working out is Indonesia by august burns red. That gets me pumped up every time, and im not the biggest fan of them.

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
I have one of those tiny ass iPod Shuffle's from a few years back that I load music on when I go running and hit the gym. I don't like carrying much on me and couldn't imagine running or being at the gym with my iTouch. The Shuffle is perfect. I barely even remember it's there.

I constantly change what's on it. Heavy shit doesn't work for me. I think I've got just about all of the Thrice and He Is Legend discography on there right now.

Acme

Reaction score
I know it's a different story but while biking in the mountains I mainly listen to Dissection, The Bleeding from Cannibal Corpse, Mayhem, Shining, DHG, Primordial, Thorns and lately Cloudkicker's Beacons.

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
I do my working out at home, usually while watching a concert dvd. As far as recommendations, i'm afraid i don't have anything to add as i'm pretty much in the same boat as you are (I've seen/heard it all 1000 times now). Perhaps some high energy music that isn't necessarily aggressive?

iddqd

Reaction score
While i usually listen to polyrhythmic / polymetric music most of the time, it just doesnt work for me at workout :squint:
I recommend Rise Against or stuff like that!

But i need to try slayer next. Good tip imo!

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
Corrosion of conformity is great for running. or any old school thrash.