WTB: Broken iPods

• Thread starter JJ Rodriguez
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
And I quote:

"Buying
-Leave Your location
-Leave Appropo Contact Information
-Note arrival of item once you recieive it in the item's thread"

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Naren said:
And I quote:

"Buying
-Leave Your location
-Leave Appropo Contact Information
-Note arrival of item once you recieive it in the item's thread"
\\

Ah, sorry.

My location - Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Contact info - PM me here, or e-mail dark_lords_soldier@hotmail.com

As for why, I want to buy them so I can fix it up. Some people don't want to go through the hassle of ordering and replacing the hard drives or mainboard or whatever seems to be the problem. I want one for myself, and I have a friend who wants one.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
They are expensive to send to apple to get fixed. Basically, you have to weigh your options. It's about 200 US for a 60 GB 1.8 inch hard drive. Mine is a 40 GB and it just died on me and it's out of warranty, so for 200 plus shipping duty etc, I can have a 60 GB iPod, no warranty. For 575 Canadian I can get a brand new iPod video, 60 GB...so right now I'm thinking about which I would rather do. I would end up paying 300 something to fix mine because I would probably get an upgraded battery as well. So for twice as much, I get a brand new one, that will play video, and have the same capacity, and I would buy an extended warranty (This one was a gift, my Dad forgot the warranty and now it's dead 1 year later :mad: ) And of course, now I'm addicted to carrying around that much music. It also depends which generation your iPod is. Mine's a 4th. I'm assuming yours is most likely a 2nd or 3rd? Go here and price up the parts: http://wholesalepdas.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=41

It would be pretty simple to open. Right now I can't buy that, when I made this post, I had a little bit of money, a little bit of financial trouble but I could have squeezed a little money together. Now, to add to my money problems, I just leased a home with my gf because her lease ran out, so right now I'm strapped for cash even worse. But hopefully in a month or 2 I should be doing okay. Anyways, price up the hard drive and see if it would be worth it to you to get a new ipod or keep your old one and fix it.

Latest posts