[WTB] Universe neck

• Thread starter t o b 7 a s
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

t o b 7 a s

Reaction score
hi there,

i'm looking for two necks for following projects and i'm in need of two necks:
#1: UV square joint neck [pyramids would be nice but no must] ->for a mirror ball replica
#2: UV aanj neck [pyramids would be nice but no must] -> for a MC

i don't want somebody to part out his stuff but there might be a slight chance of finding a used neck here.

thanks in advance

tobias.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Welcome! Sounds like some killer projects. I've seen a couple necks here and there on ebay. You know, Rich Harris (Ibanez Rules) sold me a brand new UV7PWH neck for my PWH but that was a while ago. But, I think he has a couple MC necks and a few BK necks. Be prepared to pay alot though. I'd email him anyway. :yesway:

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I think Rich Harris at Ibanez Rules might well be your best option, though be prepared to a lot of money. Incidentally, the only UV to feature the AANJ is the current UV777PBK, so all AANJ UV necks have pyramids.

t o b 7 a s

Reaction score
thanks to both of you!

i'm prepared to pay large money [that was clear when i started the projects...] and i thought about the options.
originally i've planned to get 2 custom necks by christopher woods [he already did the bodies] - but he's not building custom items at the moment.

the only 7string he has in store is a silver aanj wine which does not fit an mc.

the problem is that i need a aanj with neon pyramids and a square taper with silver ones.
other way round would be much easier and i would go for an ibanezrules mc neck.
but getting a perfect original mc neck for nearly 1000,- and replacing the pyramids by silver ones is kinda stupid, so i thought about getting a worn out UV neck to get the fretboard and frets replaced - what looks like a more solid solution…

lets see, i might be a lucky guy to find at least one [i've seen them before on 77.org…]

thanks for reading

tobias.

Eric

Reaction score
If you would have caught me a few weeks ago I probably would have sold you my spare '91 UV7BK neck but now I have a custom body being built for it. In about two weeks I'll have a 7620 neck available if you are interested in that.

t o b 7 a s

Reaction score
If you're going to change the fretboard, just go for a 762* neck.

yeah-that's an option - but it would be my last. the best -by far- neck i've ever played/had was a uv '90s model [serial 512;-))] - and i would prefer that kind of specs and a "worn-out" feel.

so the maximum would be to find a UV7PWH square neck for the mirrorball [nothing has to be changed here…] and a UV777BK [pyramids had to be changed…] for the mc.
thanks again.

If you would have caught me a few weeks ago I probably would have sold you my spare '91 UV7BK neck but now I have a custom body being built for it...

...damn - bad luck:rolleyes: thats what i had in mind…

...In about two weeks I'll have a 7620 neck available if you are interested in that.

thanks mate -i'll keep that in mind as an option!

Status
Not open for further replies.