Yamaha Silent Guitar

• Thread starter JSanta
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JSanta

Reaction score
Guys,

I am looking into getting a low priced nylon string guitar that has a nut width similar to a standard electric 6 string. I really enjoy playing on the nylon strings (I have a student model Suzuki), but the lack of access and the enormous neck make playing longer uncomfortable.

I would love to find a Martin Taylor Yamaha Nylon String, but so far my luck isn't there. I played the Yamaha SLG110N when they first came out but it's been years now.

I don't need anything professional grade, nor do I want to spend that much. I have seen these used for around the $350 mark and I wouldn't want to go much more than that if I don't have too. The guitar is simply going to be something to mess around with when I want to play something different than my Boden.

Appreciate it!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JSanta

Reaction score
I opted to abandon this purchase. I am in the process of selling a couple of guitars and am just going to slim down my collection.

I think I will just save up for a decent thinline jazz box in the future.

MooH8

Reaction score
Not sure about the cheaper versions, but I played the SG-1 and tested it during live shows (was a guitar tech few years back). Great guitar. Nice sound on stage, very comfortable to play, perfectly stays in tune. Reliable workhorse. Give it a try.

JSanta

Reaction score
I think my problem is that I have spent too much time focusing on gear rather than learning. I have decent technique, but I don't know enough about theoretical side of the house. I buy guitars but I need to learn more, so I am getting rid of everything I don't need. Maybe someday.