Yay for eurotubes!

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
So this box arrives this morning with a nice gleaming set of JJ 6l6's and a selected set of preamp valve type things all reeady to be put into the 5150, plus a bias tester! yay! THis means I can now go forth and bias mod the amp, and then watch my charred body spasm across the floor as I ride upon little white fluffy angel wings up to heaven!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Victory! I have replaced the preamp tubes.

Epic Phail :( The idiot kid in the electronics store gave me the wrong value adjustable resistors, and hence I am going to have to wait to do the fabled bias mod :( Much dissapointment, although, as a win, I've bought a glue gun! (simple people, simple pleasures)

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
sweet! best o' luck

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
that blows. and holy shit, that's a lot of thread tags :lol:

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Use the glue gun to torture the kid at the electronics store who gave you wrong parts. :D

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
James will look like his avatar.

Zap!
shocking.gif

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
James will look like his avatar.

Zap!
shocking.gif
:lol: Aye :lol:

Well, I've decided that I am not hifi enough to notice the difference in preamp tubes (plus I think v5 and v2 were already JJ's with the others being the original peavey preamp tubes), so I am hoping the bias mod will do some more goodness to it :)

By the way, anyone know what the original peavey tubes were that went in these? It is a block letter, and I doubt anyone would have changed them to peavey ones as replacements, especially with there being JJ's in it already.