Yea so I have this condition.....

• Thread starter Nick1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nick1

Reaction score
So maybe some of you know I had surgery on my left arm last November. Ive recovered well I supose. But I still have this really bad ache in my entire left arm that I had prior to my surgery. It really hinders my guitar playing. I have about 1 hour to 2 hours a day of good playing. ( I used to do 6-8 hours a day. But now it takes me about 2 hours to get there!!!!!!! So I saw the Doc that did my surgery ( I trust him 100%!) and I said told him how my arm felt and he told me its basically like writers cramp but in my entire left arm from sholder to finger tips! From over exessive use. And that a cortozone shot in my neck might help ( I have a pinched nerve in the left side of my neck) and other than that there really isnt much else that can be done.

I AM VERY FUCKING PISSED!!!!!!!! :mad: :wallbash: :mad: :wallbash: :mad: :wallbash: :mad:

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
stop whack'n off so much! ;)

seriously though, that sucks. keep looking for a solution, and keep us posted :yesway:

Nick1

Reaction score
Leon said:
stop whack'n off so much! ;)

seriously though, that sucks. keep looking for a solution, and keep us posted :yesway:

Well I try to keep the whack'n off to a min these days. But I will do what I can to better myself.
On the upside if I didnt have the Ulnar Nerve Transposition surgery, by the time I reach 30 I wouldnt be able to play guitar ever again :eek: (BTW Im 23)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

D-EJ915

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That sucks dude, I hope it gets better somehow.

Nick1

Reaction score
Its not SO bad that I cant play. It just wares me out ALOT sooner that I should be worn out. I would LOVE to be able to play 8+ hours a day like I used to. :wallbash: So I am praying quite often that this Cortozone shot will fix this issue!!!!!!

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
doing anything to the human body for 8 hours a day (except for sleeping) is bound to cause damage. you should talk to a physical therapist, or maybe a sports doctor about how much is too much.
:2c:

JPMDan

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
hmmm well you don't play Tennis so it's not tennis elbow, possible case of 7 String elbow? :lol:

On Topic

Sorry to hear this, hope this shot isn't bad and it heals you up. :yesway:

Nick1

Reaction score
well looks like I have to have a 4th EMG study (that has NOTHING to do with the EMG pickups) This is where I get small but very long needles poked into various points in my left arm and they move the needle around and send an electric current thru my arm to test the nerves. It hurts like a MOTHERFUCKER:noway: :mad: :wallbash: :mad: :wallbash: :mad: :noway:

So then after that (which is getting done next tuesday) two days later Im going to have 2 cortozone shots, 1 in the front of my neck and the other in the back. The needles are 6 inches long btw but Im told really thin. So yea the next few weeks are going to suck alot.

Im going to be drinking heavily for a while.

Good night! :mad:

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Nick1 said:
well looks like I have to have a 4th EMG study (that has NOTHING to do with the EMG pickups) This is where I get small but very long needles poked into various points in my left arm and they move the needle around and send an electric current thru my arm to test the nerves.

:eek:

Man, that sucks. Best of luck to you, I hope things work out. :(

Nick1

Reaction score
Just had the EMG today. It sucked! The Doc ordered both arms be done:eek: To test for nerve damage. I know what nerve damage feels like. I was CERTAIN that I did not have any! So I said NO!!!!!!! You get 1 arm only! So they tested the bad one (my left, right is 100% Im sure) And he said my nerves are fine (just as I told him they would be.) And Im pretty sore at the moment from it......

So on Thursday I have to see the Doc that ordered the EMG and he will (I assume) scedule my cortozone shot. Im told by him I need 1 in the back of my neck and one in the front.

That will be fun :noplease:

Latest posts