Yet another recommendation thread....

• Thread starter MistaSnowman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MistaSnowman

Play It LOUD!!!
Reaction score
At 50 years old, I’m probably looking at my next purchase being my last purchase. Over the years, I’ve been blessed with owning some nice mid-priced gear, however this time, I’m looking at purchasing either a 7 or an 8 with budget of no more than $500. I have checked out a Jackson Dinky JS227 and it is quite nice with what I have in mind. Other options would include the Schecter Deluxe C7 (C8), LTD EC257 (258), and the Jackson Dinky JS327 (JS328). Any other suggestions are welcome. Not looking at the used market at the moment, only because I just don’t want my mind going towards “expensive” gear that I might want to buy new.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
New, at that budget, take a serious look at Agile. They have tons of stuff around that price and, on average, I'd say the quality is better than those mass market models you're looking at.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
for 500 I'd go with the schecter or an agile if you're dead set on buying new. Both brands make super solid guitars.
I would really recommend checking out the used market on sites like guitar center or reverb, you can score some pretty nice guitars at that price range.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’m not totally opposed to buying used. I just trying to exhaust the new options first.

Yeah, $500 is kind of in the zone where, unless you get a great deal or are willing to take a risk on something with some mileage, new can be a better option than used.

I think the sweet spot for getting killer stuff used is closer to $750 to $1000, where you can get flagship Korean stuff from Schecter and LTD or used Prestige from Ibanez at close to 50% off new price.

Latest posts